ihyped or iAwesome !

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ever long debate that Apple is close to awesome or close to being the most hated among people ?

What do you think how good Apple are ? Are they close to being one of the best companies (overall ) or being the most hyped around in the world ?

One of the reason I am saying this is amount of people praising the iCloud despite that feature being in Google already ?

What do you think ??

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
iAverage, sometimes iAwesome but iAlways iHyped and iExpensive.

Sarath

iDota
They make good stuff. A lot of cool factor to it too. Makes for more of a status symbol.
But not the best.

Plus the limitations in their iOS is like spoon feeding a grown up adult.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Apple is the biggest technological company with the largest market cap for a tech company. Whether they are iAwesome, iAverage, or iCrap, they make hell lot of money.

As for their products they are premium and are targeted with an average user in mind, and with their style and hype, they are always widely successful. On the other hand they are extremely closed, and lock in their users, and they really curtail the freedom of their users.

As for I am concerned, I'll rather skip their products except maybe the Macbook which isn't that of a restricted device.

As for hype, their products are the most most most most....most overhyped products in mindkind. If they do something, it great brilliant, innovative. If anyone else innovates, it's crap, poor copy, preposterous, etc.

I must admit though, Apple are one of the companies I'll enjoy seeing the back of....

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
even i would love if they become unsuccessful...

they're good , no doubting it but the hype is way too much...
if they do something they rock, and if others do it .. meh.... amazes me! this is the power of branding...

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apple has a very strong cult following. If X does something, it is average. But if Apple does something exactly similar to what X did, people exclaim "OMFG revolutionary."

There is only one Apple product which has a decent price/performance/features ratio and that is iPod touch. Mac OS X is a great operating system, but the premium on their hardware is not at all justified.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
found this article

5 Reasons Why People Hate Apple | PCWorld

Apple isn't right for you
You hate Apple's closed architecture
You believe buying Apple undermines your individuality
You hate Apple culture
You've had a bad experience with Apple products

they missed the main point, they're bloody overpriced

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
Apple is always iHyped because its always iAwesome and rarely iCrap.

If they do something, it great brilliant, innovative. If anyone else innovates, it's crap, poor copy, preposterous, etc.

That because the copies are never as good as Apple products. I'm currently typing this from my iPad 1 and I love it. No other tablet has been able to match up to the iPad 2 yet. They'll do so when Apple release iPad 3.

Apple being closed isn't good I agree but it has it's own advantages such as presently immunity to viruses for iOS.

Sarath

iDota
But yes they have certainly set benchmarks in the Industry and there are many infact.

I read in an article where someone said- If it werent for Apple there would be no Android.
At first I was like what. Then I though, yeah that might be true.

I mean now we have:
iOS5
Android 2.3
Windows Mobile 7 (Mango)
BlackBerry OS6
Meago [RIP]

instead of:
no android
no iOS
Windows Mobile 6.5 or 6.6
Symbian S60v4
Maemo (?)
Blackberry OS5

Thanks to everyone trying to catch up to apple. Is it that difficult to beat them.

As an android and apple user I must say it is much easier to navigate in the Apple App store than the Android Market place.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
iPad is just an oversized iPod touch. Nothing else.

Needs a better and more advance OS.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
But yes they have certainly set benchmarks in the Industry and there are many infact.

I read in an article where someone said- If it werent for Apple there would be no Android.
At first I was like what. Then I though, yeah that might be true.

I mean now we have:
iOS5
Android 2.3
Windows Mobile 7 (Mango)
BlackBerry OS6
Meago [RIP]

instead of:
no android
no iOS
Windows Mobile 6.5 or 6.6
Symbian S60v4
Maemo (?)
Blackberry OS5

Thanks to everyone trying to catch up to apple. Is it that difficult to beat them.

As an android and apple user I must say it is much easier to navigate in the Apple App store than the Android Market place.

Yuppp I always believe that's the way it is.
I won't say Apple products are awesome (some people think something is awesome if it looks good, for me it should be all-round performer to be awesome) but they really have a class..I mean iCandy. Performance-wise they are at par as compared to PC but PC gets a beating when it is loaded with all the bloatware.
Closed architecture is also a turn-off but if Apple products were any cheaper, I would have definitely given them a chance :)

OP
xtremevicky
I dont know man . Since I have not used it so wont comment about it . By what I have read over the internet iOS has been better suited for tablets then Android.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
It is still a better OS for a tablet then Android !

Everybody has their own definition of "better".
There are some features which are present in iOS but not in Android and vice-versa.

So, if you want features which are there in Android but are not in iOS, Android is better OS for you. And same is the case for iOS.

sygeek

Technomancer
"iOS is AWESOME!", "iOS PWNS ALL!", "iOS > ALL" - This statement is exclusively used by Apple Fanboys.
"DROIDZ IZ SO COOL!", "Android PWNS ALL!", "Android > ALL" - This statement is exclusively used by Droid Fanboys.

Android is fine, though it lacks this and that features but I prefer it over iOS (or vice versa) - Exclusively used by smart people.

OP
xtremevicky
You dont need to be a fanboy to praise the fact that iOS interface is bloody awesome and the number of Apps in Android are cool . ;) . #justsaying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom