If IEMI number of a mobile can be changed,then can it be tracked

Status
Not open for further replies.

d4dhrubo

Right off the assembly line
I got a samsung Mobile lying on road today.It is Galaxy Y S5360.I want to change the IEMI number of the mobile so that it cant be tracked down any more.Please Help

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Obviously yes. Tracking mobile has got no relation with what IMEI it uses. It traces with the help of "network". But the tracker must know the "updated" IMEI.

Roshan9415

Broken In
if i changed imei and other details and install fresh firmware by flashing,then authority still tracked us???I don't think so!!

tkin

Back to school!!
Isn't that what a thief would do? Return the mobile to a police station or something.

clmlbx

Technomancer
what you are asking is illegal.. It won't be wrong to say that you are stealing it and have come here to know how to cover your tracks.

tkin

Back to school!!
what you are asking is illegal.. It won't be wrong to say that you are stealing it and have come here to know how to cover your tracks.
+1, this forum does not support thieves, what you(OP) are asking is same as cracking a game, if we can't talk about game cracks neither can you :lol:

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
AFAIK, IMEI no. can't be changed. It's embedded into the mobile hardware itself. Though, there are reports that IMEI can be programmatically changed, but everyone can't do that. and moreover, it's illegal. I'll suggest, there might be some numbers saved on the handset, try calling one of them, try informing the owner, and return it. He/She'll be thankful to you. In case it gets traced(?), and you're found in possession of that device, you might get jailed. No one would believe that you found it lying on the road, and you haven't stolen it.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!

+1. I think the OP should try consulting some chor bazaar forum (if he could find one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom