IEMs within 1K, Geeks advice needed...

pratik385

In the zone
My Ipod's and Optimus 1s headphone have some issuse so i want to buy a new earphone.

I am little confused between soundmagic pl11, jvc marshmellow, sony mdrex10lp and sony mdrex50lp.

So please tell me which one is good. You can also suggest a new one. I will use it in ipod, mobile and laptop.

And also tell me which model is with Mic (One which i mentioned)

Also tell me from where I should buy it, I live in Pune.

Ive ipods earphone (5 year old, Totaled), Optimus one's (problem with left piece as warranty is of 6months only had to keep it :x) and Sennheiser cx180(2 year old, have some jack issue where its written sennheiser, it plays correct when hold in certain position or else no sound or little :evil:)

if you want one with mic, then try Soundmagic MP21. Its perfect for the ipod, but i'm not sure if it will work on the O1 or not.

Last edited:
OP
pratik385

pratik385

In the zone
soundmagic pl11, jvc marshmellow, sony mdrex10lp and sony mdrex50lp
From these, pl30 is better na ?
does pl30 has mic ?
From where you bought it ?

teejay_geekEd

GeekEd!...
See.
Pl 30 doesnt have mic.
Pl 21 has a mic version and that is called the MP21.
You can get it from lynx india
Soundmagic MP-21 Earphones + Fiio Amplifier Bundles ― Lynx - The Audio , Electronics And Computer Online Store In India

pl 30 is better than Pl11/Pl21/MP21. Never tried any of the other iem's that u mentioned. I bought them from SMC International. And no, PL30 doesnt have mic.

OP
pratik385

pratik385

In the zone
Tell me one thing, what about the sound quality mate compairing with soundmagic pl11, jvc marshmellow, sony mdrex10lp and sony mdrex50lp?

Okay guys, Thanks alot :)

teejay_geekEd

GeekEd!...
See, It depends on what type of sound signature do you want.
PL 30 is airy and has a wide soundstage, has decent mids. If you want bass then forget pl30. Its not bassy.
MP/PL 21 is dark, with limited soundstage but much better bass.
Jvc Marshmellow i havent heard but from what I have read about it in various reviews is that its fun sounding and musical iem. However its comparable to the PL11.
Both the 21 and 30 are better than 11.
Don't bother with the sonys.

OP
pratik385

pratik385

In the zone
I dont know much about soundstage and all.
I listen to pop, hip hop, metal, rap, rock and also our Bolly stuff.
I had cx180, i missed the beats from sonys earphone one which came with w705. cx180 is bassy na ?

So tell me which sound signature i have. Sonys are better or what?

teejay_geekEd

GeekEd!...
I would suggest you to spend 200 more and get the meelectronics M6 or the MP21.
The M6 comes wid a mic version but thats 200 bucks more expensive.
M6 retails for 1.2k at mediahome.in

here is a link if you arent satisfied
Multi-IEM Review - 186 IEMs compared (Xears Nature N3i & XE200PRO added 8/01)

OP
pratik385

pratik385

In the zone
M6 is good but it will have fitting issue man, it wont fit properly in ear due to its design.

can it be wear normally straight down, i mean not on the over the ears

teejay_geekEd

GeekEd!...
it cannot be worn straight down as far as i know.
Though its fits mine and my friends ears perfectly (with the biflanges tip)

aroraanant

Explorer
M6 is good but it will have fitting issue man, it wont fit properly in ear due to its design.

can it be wear normally straight down, i mean not on the over the ears

I own it and it fits very nice and it can't be worn straight down,I also thought wearing it over the ears will bother me but the truth it doesn't bother at all... :)

OP
pratik385

pratik385

In the zone
i want within 1k coz i will buy a high end later in dec or jan. Hows mp21, will it work on optimus one and laptop good, it wont get screwed?

hows the price and from where i can buy :D

Top Bottom