IE not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi_10_20

Cool and Calm
My internet explorer is not working. But the other browsers are working fine.
What may be the problem?(every time i type a URL, it gives the "action cancelled" page). I have checked with all the settings and connections.

deepgeek2

Broken In
abhi_10_20 said:
My internet explorer is not working. But the other browsers are working fine.
What may be the problem?(every time i type a URL, it gives the "action cancelled" page). I have checked with all the settings and connections.

Specific url or all urls?

sknowonweb

Journeyman
Does somebody mess with the account settings in IE's internet options . play with it . just a trial and error method

anandk

Distinguished Member
if answers to all above qs in neg, u can try this :

check up ur hosts file in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc folder. open with notepad and see whats there. else paste it here. also go to internet options and in security and privacy tabs, click on default everywhere. exit and restart ie.

else best to use repairxp/reinstal ie option.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
is firewall allowing ie?
Also run and antispyware scan

Cool tip for others: Got this while googling type this in ie's address bar: "about:NavigationCanceled"

sknowonweb

Journeyman
Actually u can view BSNL account usage in opera by setting its Option as " Identify as IE " in the quick preferences sub menu .

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
this kind of thing happened with me but it was OPERA 9.01, but the prob. resolved by itself after 1 day. Dunno what happened.

Maybe Checking for some Microsoft Update may solve the problem.

did u played any songs using Windows Media Player 11(full), while browsing with IE. (i dont know whether this has any connections with the prob., but ince i stopped usin WMP 11 when i'm online , this kind of prob. never occured again.)

@ilugd, what does happen when u type "about:NavigationCanceled" in the add. bar. For me nothing happened.

Last edited:

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
it is supposed to show the navigation cancelled page.
;-) nothing marvellous but it looked interesting. There are some other about: links like that which show the guts of ie (got this on google) so felt interested in sharing. Sorry for offtopic post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom