Ie Alert Against Use Mozilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

princedmedia

Broken In
heloo, there is a weird message that says, "I DNT HATE MOZILLA USE IE OR ELSE...." with a pop-up window with the heading "USE INTERNET EXPLORER U DOPE".
This appears wen i try to install or open my existing firefos browser. can the team at mozilla try to rectify this message`s intention. I believe this is part of some crank who hates mozilla or from microsoft itself as they are loosing people using their Internet Explorer browser.

My computer is updated with the latest virus defn`s from AVG and there is a folder named "HEAP41 a" showing in the AVG scan selected areas window, but not in the explorer window, wen i select all files on the C drive, its says there is a hidden folder, wen i try to change the attributes in the folder options menu "show all files" and click "apply" still i`m not able to view the folder, again i try to change the option which resets back to "do not show hidden files or system files". I`m not able to figure out the problem. Even scanning the whole drive with AVG updated to this day, there are no traces of virus threats.
Please advice me to get rid of this error and help to use firefox as i`m a mozilla fan and i wish to educate people about this error. kindly help me ASAP...:shock:

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
Follow the procedure given here to get rid of this virus.

Haven't tried it myself.But it has worked for other people.

slugger

Banned
search d forum d00d

doriginal coder is a member and haas posted a solution on THIS VERY FORUM

btw how far away from b'lore do u live

d coder lives in b'lore

tryin 2 c how far it has travelled ;)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
LOL that virus went to my brothers office :D .. when he asked to copy some data form his pendrive I realised it was infected . KIS 7 removed it without any problem ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom