IE 8 Beta : The First Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Re: Internet Explorer 8 reveled

Downloaded for XP SP2.. Download size is 14.6 MBs

Looks wise.. Not much change... I cant even see any new must have feature (Maybe thats cause I tried it for just half hour..),,... Pages seems to load too slow compared to Opera but faster then FireFox... It crashed 2wice (But its beta naa)..
So After testing it.. I am NOT waiting for final version... unless they include features which are not available in any other browser... (In other words the should innovate something new.)

╬Switch╬

In the zone

I really like the new management cente.
A lot better now.
I hope they also add a download manager or someting.

din

Tribal Boy
Offtopic again, why not merging the other thread with this ? Discussion is almost same / similar in both.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

no wonder opera sued them .... they were certain that once ie 8 comes out opera will be searching ground ... ff has the OSS community, macs hav safari, ie8 will make sure less no. of casual but technically inclined ppl look for alternatives ....

so lets see now - server 08 - critically well received; ie 8 beta - yes it is promising only acid 3 being a thorn otherwise its got a lot of features right at the click of a mouse; vs 08 - u shudv heard the cheers at the launch event ;); .Net coming to silverlight

so after vista's rather not so good reception ... MS is bouncing back

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

so after vista's rather not so good reception ... MS is bouncing back

You have no idea what MS has in store for Vista users with WPF, can't even reveal here :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ +1 ... i was wondering when i replied there are there 2 threads or something

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

You have no idea what MS has in store for Vista users with WPF, can't even reveal here :D
well the simplest explanation of silverlight is that its a stripped down version of WPF tailored for web and coupled with .Net 3.5 WPF+.Net 3.5+Silverlight is gonna big really big

Voldy

The Dark lord
i tested it and like webslices and that activity one too
but in all its beta so i will wait till final release hope MS will fixes some problems in its Final release

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac

well the simplest explanation of silverlight is that its a stripped down version of WPF tailored for web and coupled with .Net 3.5 WPF+.Net 3.5+Silverlight is gonna big really big

But I think that Silverlight is not correctly working on IE 8 BETA as I failed to open tafiti.com in it. :(

Well, using IE 8 for 4 days. Its interface now looks much more streamlined (atleast on my vista basic themed lappy, no aero). For the first time in my life i have started using favourites bar, i never found it useful enough, and more than that in almost all browsers, it looks ugly to me.IE7s fav bar also does't looks as good. But the new fav bar integrating smoothly with tab bar looks asthetically pleasing to me. Again, personal choice, it is. Tabs are thin now which is good,also there is more space for tabs since favourites buttons have been moved to links bar. Rendering engine needs quiet a lot of work, but that is acceptible in beta and emulated mode works without problems.
web slices and activities both are welcome features. So all in all a nice release, for now i'll continue to use combination of browsers as i've been doing it b4.

@switch: Yes you are right. The new addon management window is neatly designed now, and its easier to work with. IE7's looked pathetic.

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Dude I have purchased bottle of acid.Now i don't know how to throw acid on IE8 to test whether it pass the acid test or not :D

phr33d0m

Right off the assembly line
IE 8 is the first web standard complaint version of IE
so it suffers all the probs.(regarding the websites) other browseres havin for the years due to they being standard complaint.

IE8 should stand out from other IE versions and finally m$ made some web standard complaint browser :rolleyes:

WPlover

Right off the assembly line
Plugin wp

For bloggersGood wordpress plugin TWITTER POSTER PLUGINThe Chatter Print is a plugin that allows wordpress publishers to automatically post their brand brand brand brand new posts to their Chatter account.== Description ==The Chatter Print is a plugin that allows wordpress publishers to automatically post their brand brand brand brand new posts to their Chatter comment . A TwitterPoster will take a pretension of a brand brand brand brand new post as well as will subit it to a Chatter comment specified in a options . It will additionally supplement a couple behind tothe post, permitting your chatter supporters to entrance a post detailsCurrently, a Chatter Print consists of a following features.1 . Specify you Chatter username as well as password.2 . Displays a outline of your chatter comment upon a Chatter Print options page e.g . Series of supporters, series of posts3 . Automatically sends brand brand brand brand new posts to a specified Chatter account.== Installation ==1 . Unzip a repository file.2 . Verify a name of a unzipped printed matter to be “twitter-poster”.3 . Upload a “twitter-poster” printed matter to a base of your Wordpress “plugins” folder.4 . Activate a “Twitter Poster” plugin in your website’s plugin administration department department page.5 . Navigate to a “Settings” ~ “Twitter Poster” administration department department page. *straj.net/wp-content/themes/straj/images/download_1.jpg You are welcome in my blog!Plugin TreadA lot of wp plugins * Autoblogging or Automated Blogging * Image Plugins * Navigation Plugins * Video Plugins/ Music Plugins * SEO Plugins * Other Plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom