IDM downloads html pages instead of the real files

Status
Not open for further replies.

ra_sriniketan

In the zone
IDM downloads html pages instead of the real files from mediafire, what is the reason?Is there any ways to rectify the problem?

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
The HTML file generates the actual d/l link. Click on it, wait for download to start & then IDM will take over the d/l

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
right clicking on the link and then "download with IDM" option.

Don't do this. Just click on the link, wait for the download to start. IDM will take over the download. Which version on IDM are you using?

Neuron

Electronic.
@ra_sriniketan:This is actually a problem with mediafire.I hope your browser is firefox.If not goto the download page through firefox.Now instead of right clicking on the link and selecting download with IDM ,left click on the 'Click here to start download from MediaFire..' link.If mediafire have really generated a valid download link IDM will start downloading else the page will auto reload.Keep left clicking till you get IDM to download the file.Usually it takes 2 left clicks for mediafire links to work.But sometimes mediafire generates the link instantly.

If the doesn't start even after many clicks empty cache and cookies and retry.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
IDM downloads html pages instead of the real files from mediafire, what is the reason?Is there any ways to rectify the problem?

this happens when u try to download from sites which doesn't support download managers....so the files r usually downloaded with .htm extension & also in kB sizes....

But mediafire supports download managers...
try using another downloader such as orbit or IDA

mitraark

Decrepit
Right Click on "Click here to download from Mediafire" and Select "Download With IDM" , if that doesn;t work, keep pressing insert and then do the same.

OP
R

ra_sriniketan

In the zone
Solved. Actually its the caching problem of the browsers.Just using another browser for that particular file solved the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom