Ideal PC for Rs.25K~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
So I'm now thinking of upgrading my 5yrs+ old PC since its not serving me well enough. Looking around I can see AMD offerings being more value for money over Intel. Since I use Linux, I would like to go with any graphic solution than Ati. What would be an ideal setup for a computer within Rs.25K? I will use this computer for the general entertainment tasks & gaming at moderate resolutions of 1280*1024 or a bit above in 1400.

I already have Dell S2409W monitor, so I would like to have all components except the monitor.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Processor: AMD Phenom II X2 550 ~ 5k
Motherboard: Biostar TA790GX A3+ ~ 6k
RAM: G-Skill 2GB DDRIII 1333MHz - 2.6k
GPU: Sapphire 4850 512MB DDRIII- 6.5k
HDD: Seagate 500GB SATAII 7200.12 series- 2.4k
Cabinet: zebronics bijili ~ 1k or any good one of your choice depending on budget
SMPS: Gigabyte Superb 460W - 2.2k
Optical Drive: L.G. GH22NS30 SATA/Samsung SH-S22F SATA - 1.1k
Speakers , mouse , keaboard = you choose
Total around 26-27k , if you want to save some then get palit 9800gt ~ 5.4k but for your monitor i would go with the 4850 .

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I can't go with Ati HD 4850. I think GTS 250 is a viable replacement from Nvidia stable.
Also don't you think a quad core would be more viable considering futureproofing? I'm also interested in going for an i5 rig.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
I can't go with Ati HD 4850. I think GTS 250 is a viable replacement from Nvidia stable.
Also don't you think a quad core would be more viable considering futureproofing? I'm also interested in going for an i5 rig.
Ya but you wont get it for ~25k , if you are willing to add about 10k more then i would suggest another specs .

Cilus

laborare est orare
It looks like u r not a frequent up-grader (ur old one is 5 Yrs Old). rohan_mhtr's suggestion is gr8, but I am suggesting u a little future proof solution, like Quad core processor. Here goes my suggestion

1. Processor: Athlon II X4 620 2.4 Ghz @ 5k
  2. Motherboard: MSI 785GM-E51 @ 4.6k (AM3, DDR3, 4200 Onboard Gfx without sideport memory)
  3. RAM: G-Skill 2GB DDRIII 1333MHz - 2.6k
  4. HDD: Seagate 500 GB SATA @ 2.4k
  5. Cabinet: Zebronics Bijli @ 1.2k (ask vendor for it without the SMPS)
  6. Cooler Master RS500-PCARA3 Extreme Power 500W @ 2.8k
  7. Gfx card: XFX 9600 GSO 768 MB DDR2 @ 4k
  8. LG DVD Writer @ 1k
  9. Speaker mosue and keyboard-around 2.5k
price is around 26.5k. Here I didn't suggest a high end card because DirectX 11 cards are already here, so don't waist money on a card of previous generation. If u can wait for few days at least for the Graphics card. Probably price of HD 5770 will be a gr8 buy, if its price is reduced within 7.5k.
I suggested Qudad core because in most of the applications, u get benefit for the extra 2 cores present. Games are also getting optimized for multicores. So Athlon X4 will be a future proof solution. And for the board, if u r buying a discrete Gfx card, there is no need to buy a Mobo with dedicated onboard Gfx memory. So I have chosen the MSI board, which will save around 2k.

Krow

Crowman
^Hey man, please don't recommend sub-par PSU's like CM Extreme Power! Otherwise pretty good config.

@ G5, get a graphics card later. Use the onboard ATI GPU for now. Wait it out and get a card when the GPU market settles. i5 is out of your budget. Also, get a good PSU like CM Real Power Pro 460W @ 3.5k or for futureproofing, VX550W @ 5.8k

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Yes, you are right Cilus. I am not a frequent upgrader & so the machine I purchase now should be utilized for 4-5 years to come. The machine you have recommended seems good but then again its the Ati graphics which is worrying me. About the PSU, Corsair VX450W is pricey but really good since it can out almost 550W of power. What do you guys think about Tagan 500W or CM 460W?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@Cool G5

Hi buddy

If you cant spend on the vx550 then go for the vx450 as its only.5k more than cm realpower 460 otherwise the cm is also a good unit.

If you dont want to invest in ati then wait until fermi releases.The 5770 is also good buy from ati but only within 7.5k which i doubt will happen any sooner.There is no point wasting money in current non dx11 cards.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, you are right Cilus. I am not a frequent upgrader & so the machine I purchase now should be utilized for 4-5 years to come. The machine you have recommended seems good but then again its the Ati graphics which is worrying me. About the PSU, Corsair VX450W is pricey but really good since it can out almost 550W of power. What do you guys think about Tagan 500W or CM 460W?

Corsair and Tagan are both rock-solid PSU units. You can get any of them blind folded. Just see that it matches the throughput you will require for your rig. Again would say, do not calibrate the VX450 to 550W requirements. Your pushing it.

Why you worried about ATI GPUs, or you want PhysX specifically. Waiting for FERMI will just lead to frustration, and holding back gaming. It is slated for a launch in Q1. Which will obviously be a soft (paper) launch. And the initial prices will be high. Then you will have to wait more for prices to drop.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
If you dont want to spend much on a PSU then get Tagan TG500-U37 500w psu , it can handle a quad core and a card upto gts 250 very well with some additional room . Costs around 3.2k , vx450 is overpriced according to me .

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Ok. Thanks for your inputs.

BTW the MSI mobo mentioned above includes the onboard HD 4200. What is the sideport memory?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
The corsair vx450 isnt overpriced but that good a psu.My friend runs a core i5 rig along with an xfx 5850 with two 1tb hdd's and is running absolutely stable with vx450.You cant go wrong with the psu.The vx550 is even better and can handle multigpu setups which the 450 cant.

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@vickybat - For much you bought your rig barring the PSU,GFX card, monitor & HDD?

Krow

Crowman
For those who don't know, the VX450W was priced at Rs. 3.3k when it was launched. Today its price is going upwards of 4k. Surely not VFM. When CM Real Power Pro 460W is as good in all aspects compared to VX450W, then why not go for it?

Don't get the Tagan PSU G5, as I couldn't find any link that says it is 80+ certified in terms of efficiency. Buy only 80+ certified PSU's as the initial higher investment is covered in the long run in terms of lesser electricity bills. Both the CM Real Power Pro 460W @ 3.5k and VX450W @ 4k fit this bill.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
The corsair vx450 isnt overpriced but that good a psu.My friend runs a core i5 rig along with an xfx 5850 with two 1tb hdd's and is running absolutely stable with vx450.You cant go wrong with the psu.The vx550 is even better and can handle multigpu setups which the 450 cant.

I still think the Corsair VX450 is worth its price. It is the best in class. And worth the extra premium. It is the sweet spot for high end single GPU, fast CPU, no OC. User can sleep in peace.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@vickybat - For much you bought your rig barring the PSU,GFX card, monitor & HDD?

The i5 proccy cost me around 10.3k and the mobo @ 6.3k.I bought transcend ram in 2x2 config and each stick was around 2.7k.The cm elite 335 cabby was 2.5k.

THATS IT...

Cilus

laborare est orare
Ok. Thanks for your inputs.

BTW the MSI mobo mentioned above includes the onboard HD 4200. What is the sideport memory?

Some of the AMD motherboards (based on 780G, 790 or 785 chipset) are having a dedicated memory for the integrated GPU. In almost all the cases the memory size 128 MB and it may be DDR3 or DDR2 depending upon the price of the board. For example MSI 785GN-E65 is having 128 MB DDR3 memory dedicated for the IGPU HD 4200. They are very good for building HTPC, where u don't need dedicated graphics solution. But their price is little higher.
The motherboard I have suggested is having HD 4200 as IGPU but no sideport memory. So its price is almost 1k lesser than the MSI 785GN-E65 board. This is because of the fact that once u install a good dedicated graphics card, there is no need to have a on-board graphics card, it will be disabled unless u installed a really low end Gfx card (3470 or 4330) to utilize Hybrid crossfire.

Krow

Crowman
I still think the Corsair VX450 is worth its price. It is the best in class. And worth the extra premium. It is the sweet spot for high end single GPU, fast CPU, no OC. User can sleep in peace.
Not to start an argument or anything like that, but the very same can be said for the CM Real Power Pro 460W, except the price bit. Its cheaper. Only thing it lacks is the Corsair name tag, otherwise both PSU's are equal in terms of performance. :)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Not to start an argument or anything like that, but the very same can be said for the CM Real Power Pro 460W, except the price bit. Its cheaper. Only thing it lacks is the Corsair name tag, otherwise both PSU's are equal in terms of performance. :)

:)
CM Real Power Pro 460W = Dual rail. Where as the VX450 is single rail. Am slightly more comfortable with the latter. Better distribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom