Ideal PC for Rs.25K~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krow

Crowman
Let me Google about that. Is there a big difference between a single rail and a dual rail setup?

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Yeah even I want to know the difference between single & dual rail. Also what is difference between regular & modular PSU? :confused:

Krow

Crowman
Modular PSU's allow you to use only the connectors you need. So say you have no graphics card plugged in your computer, you can remove the PCI-E power connector and keep it outside. This decreases a lot of cable mess which occurs with non modular PSU's.

Some say that modular PSU's decrease efficiency as many points for interference are created due to removability of each connector, but others hold that this little loss in efficiency does not matter much as the PSU still is 80+ certified (only IF it is) and it improves airflow in the cabinet. Corsair modular PSU's are heavily overpriced. Tagan's are good, but I can't find a place which says they are 80+.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
The i5 proccy cost me around 10.3k and the mobo @ 6.3k.I bought transcend ram in 2x2 config and each stick was around 2.7k.The cm elite 335 cabby was 2.5k.

hey can u pls post all price of components u bought...proccy,ram,mobo,psu & also brand names...:))

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
hey can u pls post all price of components u bought...proccy,ram,mobo,psu & also brand names...:))

Sure...here goes!

processor-intel core i5 750 @ Rs 10300
motherboard-intel dp55wb @ Rs 6300
Ram-Transcend ddr3 2x2gb @ Rs 5400
Hdd- western digital caviar green 1tb 32mb buffer @ Rs4050
western digital my book(external) 1tb @ Rs 5500
Psu- corsair vx450 @ Rs 4200
Cabinet- coolermaster elite 335 @ Rs 2500
Gpu-(already had sparkle 8600gt)
Dell keyboard mouse @ Rs 600
Display- samsung syncmaster 2033 sw plus(50000:1dcr 1000:1 scr) @ Rs 7600

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Well now I'm thinking of waiting for a while. I'll am postponing my purchase till January next year.

Krow

Crowman
That's a very good decision if you ask me. Let the newer Intel offerings hit the market and then you may decide whether to take the plunge or not. AMD as no competition in the budget segment, where you and me reside. :)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Sure...here goes!

processor-intel core i5 750 @ Rs 10300
motherboard-intel dp55wb @ Rs 6300
Ram-Transcend ddr3 2x2gb @ Rs 5400
Hdd- western digital caviar green 1tb 32mb buffer @ Rs4050
western digital my book(external) 1tb @ Rs 5500
Psu- corsair vx450 @ Rs 4200
Cabinet- coolermaster elite 335 @ Rs 2500
Gpu-(already had sparkle 8600gt)
Dell keyboard mouse @ Rs 600
Display- samsung syncmaster 2033 sw plus(50000:1dcr 1000:1 scr) @ Rs 7600

great...but y u opted for Intel mobo...when we have the great Gigabyte...:grin:
OMG...PSU....@4.2k....
& does ur cabby has transparent side panel....
and from which shop u bought ur config....:)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
I opted for intel mobo due to gigabyte's non availability in my city.Since i dont overclock the intel is fine for me but other buyers look for gigabyte ga p55 ud2.Its a great board and offers good features for tweaking.

No, my cabby doesn't have a transparent side panel.

Finally i bought it from my local dealer in my city(cuttack) named Pc world.
The proccy and board were ordered from reddington india and the psu and cabby were ordered online from exodus technologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom