Idea Net Setter

rahul_c

Journeyman
I bought Idea Net Setter (3G enabled) just 10 days back it was working fine until I found out yesterday that I have done a mistake! :banghead: Reliance net-connect broadband + is available in my locality and its giving download speeds up to 300kB/s.

Can I return the Idea device and get my money back?

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I think you should ask this question to the vendor you have purchased from. In some rare cases Indian shopkeepers are courteous enough to take back the product without asking any questions. Just try your luck :)

OP
rahul_c

rahul_c

Journeyman
I went to the IDEA office today, and they said I cant return it unless its defected :-|.
I told them Reliance has launched Broadband + service here, he suggested me to get my data card unlocked and even gave a shop number to get this job done .
Is it safe to unlock a Data Card? I am looking forward to it cause then I can use BSNL 3G SIM and get good speeds.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
yeah it is totally safe to unlock data card....I have not done it myself but I have seen shops in my locality doing it.

We Indians are yet to reach that level where business pays more respect to consumer/customer. I understand that in western countries population is less and so competition is more but still the attitude of shopkeepers is really good towards the customer.they dnt ask for reasons to take any sold item back!

OP
rahul_c

rahul_c

Journeyman
Thanks will unlock it and use BSNL 3G so sad I didn't find out about reliance netconnect earlier. I tested it personally and speeds are awesome.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
No offence to Pratul_09....but I would suggest strongly against posting IMEI/ESN number here in public. It is not advisable to share this with anyone!

desai_amogh

In the zone
Check this.. n there are loads of other guys doing it... not sure if its reliable though..

FREE IDEA NET SETTER UNLOCKING - Idea Net setter Unlocking

Unlock Huawei modem

This forum exclusively deals with such issues.

Last edited:

Pratul_09

Journeyman
Whats the point in keeping the source of the Unlock code closed if you are giving it for free ???

The unlock code is calculated in a very simple way, if you have learnt logic gates you will probably know about XOR gates. These return 1 only when there is different bits for eg 1 XOR 0 = 1 & 1 XOR 1 = 0.

so IMEI(123456789012347) + hash (12345) = 12345678901234712345

use MD5 on this to get something like 16 bits hex code
"0x 1x 2x 3x 4x 5x 6x 7x 8x 9x ax bx cx dx ex fx"

Now
0x xor 4x xor 8x xor cx =xx
1x xor 5x xor 9x xor dx =yy
2x xor 6x xor ax xor ex =zz
3x xor 7x xor bx xor fx =ww

xxyyzzww and 2000000 = abcdefg

Convert this Hexdecimal output to decimal to get unlock code

Dec(abcdefg) = unlockcode

This is the basic principle on which unlocking is dependent

for hash use 5e8dd316726b0335
and for flash use 797B7BC6BE525AB44

OP
rahul_c

rahul_c

Journeyman
gagan007 said:
No offence to Pratul_09....but I would suggest strongly against posting IMEI/ESN number here in public. It is not advisable to share this with anyone!
What is wrong in posting IMEI number here, what can anyone obtain from it?

Pratul_09 said:
so IMEI(123456789012347) + hash (12345) = 12345678901234712345

use MD5 on this to get something like 16 bits hex code
What is MD5?
What is hash?
Can I use access CDMA network on Huawei E1550?

Pratul_09

Journeyman
What is wrong in posting IMEI number here, what can anyone obtain from it?

What is MD5?
What is hash?
Can I use access CDMA network on Huawei E1550?

MD5 is ancryption algo, go check in wikipedia
and hash is the secret code for huawei
No you can accept CDMA network on your Huawei E1550

if you want source code i have it in VB, i can provide it to you on request.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@Pratul_09: so u r saying all the usb modems be Photon+,Reliance Net Connect,Airtel Plug,
Idea Net Setter,MTS Blaze & the new 3G usb modems can be unlocked....????

Pratul_09

Journeyman
@Pratul_09: so u r saying all the usb modems be Photon+,Reliance Net Connect,Airtel Plug,
Idea Net Setter,MTS Blaze & the new 3G usb modems can be unlocked....????

Thats true all can be unlocked, but if you know how to proceed.
Every modem has a count of tries to unlock(precisely 10). You cannot try for more than that times when unlocking. If you have exhausted that then you need to reset the count in order to try again.

Well Reliance netconnect and Tata Photon+ are EV-DO modems and will require reflashing the modems(install of the new internal ROM software).
Do know that unlocking and reflashing can devoid your modem of any warranty

Last edited:
Top Bottom