Not open for further replies.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
ICS is ported to N9 :mrgreen:

It’s still a major work in progress
check here Ice Cream Sandwich ported to Nokia N9

MANOfJosh

QA Professional
Now if that is true and successful, it merges the best of hardware,build quality with the Tasty Os out there, :)

Neo

My bro bought it for its cam about 4 months ago. So if ICS gets ported to N8 , I'll snatch it from him ;)
But the h/w is crap , so there are less chances. Let me hope for the best.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
My bro bought it for its cam about 4 months ago. So if ICS gets ported to N8 , I'll snatch it from him ;)
But the h/w is crap , so there are less chances. Let me hope for the best.

play angry birds at slideshow rate. low memory error cause of 256Mb ram !!! 600Mhz processor with some crap broadcomm GPU (yes Adreno200 in our mobile is better).

Neo

play angry birds at slideshow rate. low memory error cause of 256Mb ram !!! 600Mhz processor with some crap broadcomm GPU (yes Adreno200 in our mobile is better).

But still ICS would be better than Anna and Belle (haven't tested it yet though).

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
but N8 lacks the power to drive ICS properly. moreover unless someone is ready to waste a month or more tweaking the sources, trying the open source drivers or writing his own, Android won't be a smooth experience on any of the current Symbian mobiles. moreover camera is the deal breaker as its the hardest part to get working in case of Android.

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
Porting to N9 is much easier than other nokias because N9 is based on meego... Porting to N8 will be like writing whole code again......

AcceleratorX

Youngling
N8 hardware is cr@p(this coming from a nokia enthusiast), apart from the cam(which is the best).

Not that bad considering it's a phone from 2010. It's GPU was actually pretty good for the time and pretty decent even today.

However, I do doubt it can run ICS smoothly. It should do Froyo fine though....

(But of course it seems it's not possible to run android on the N8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom