i want to transfer files... but how????

Status
Not open for further replies.

harish_21_10

In the zone
digen said:
From what I get till now from the pictures you've posted this is for a internal LAN ftp server & your firend is in the same network & subnet?
Yes,we r on the same network and have the same subnet

digen said:
If thats the case then & if my eyesight isnt betraying me then in that pic you have the username "usr_hacker" & a password set already & you are trying to login with username "hacker" ?
Later on i changed the username in the settings to hacker but there is some problem with the password(mentions in previous post)

digen said:
This clearly is a problem of a invalid username or password or to the matter of fact no username as such exists.FTP 530 is all about that.
HACKER is not the username for my sys but its my computer name and i never gave a password for anything when i installed WinXP then how can windows select any password which is unknown to me?

Anyways what i did is uninstalled the ftp server and re-installed it...now there is no problem regarding the username password thing...i will ask my friend to check if he can connect to my ftp server and reply with the result as soon as possible

harish_21_10

In the zone
Hey guys even after re-installing the ftp server my friend is not able to connect to it...whenever he type's ftp://my_IPadd his sys gets struck for some time and nothing comes up...when he tries this through command prompt,after typing ftp my_IPadd he gets this:
ftp: 10060

ftp:connect: 10060
And nothing after that...what the problem?how can we share files?i tried sharing the folders but the transfer through that is very slow thats the reason i wanted to try this

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
That error number is a ftp timeout error. Check to see if ur firewall (if u have one) allows port 21 access from outside. That's all I can think of. Maybe someone else can help u with this error.

Transfer thru shared folders must suffice for u, I guess. I don't reckon there wud be any speed difference in using ftp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom