I think you should watch this episode of "Last week tonight"

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hi guys, they make some really informative episodes...this one I think applies to countries other than US too.

Please check out.
Its on government surveillance. They managed to get an interview with Snowden too.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Wow that was something.

Initially I didn't like how the guy mixes humour with such an important thing as topic of discussion, that is Surveillance, but as the video moved on, I discovered how it was necessary to keep interests of people in today's age, which in average doesn't last longer than that of a goldfish.

The interview with Snowden was so interesting. At first I felt pity for the guy since the way the anchor said him that "no one f**ing cares about surveillance", I could see the disappointment in the eyes of Snowden (when he said he sympathize with the problem). But I think the anchor did make his point in trying to make people understand the importance of the discussion (even if he used the analogy of his junk).

Very interesting video. Loved how patience and calm is Snowden!

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Wow that was something.

Initially I didn't like how the guy mixes humour with such an important thing as topic of discussion, that is Surveillance, but as the video moved on, I discovered how it was necessary to keep interests of people in today's age, which in average doesn't last longer than that of a goldfish.

The interview with Snowden was so interesting. At first I felt pity for the guy since the way the anchor said him that "no one f**ing cares about surveillance", I could see the disappointment in the eyes of Snowden (when he said he sympathize with the problem). But I think the anchor did make his point in trying to make people understand the importance of the discussion (even if he used the analogy of his junk).

Rightly put!

We all knew about Snowden. Most of us followed the news till it was hot but only the interested ones stuck to it.
People in general did not care on the 3rd day what has happened and why.

This show puts things in perspective. Tells things in the terms that the common people would understand.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Wow that was something.

You might want to subscribe to Dan Carlin's Hardcore History

and for awesome storytelling, Radiolab

both are podcasts.

Top Bottom