I think I just got my Graphics card fried.

cyborg47

Technomancer
So here's what happened, I installed Grid2 last night, launched it. Got through the main menu, and suddenly, the graphics on the screen went bizarre, screen gets forzen, and created a weird sound(not from the system, but through the headphones). I quickly restarted my computer, but faced a BSOD right after the windows logo, and that continued ever since. I researched a little on the internet, found out that if the graphics card is fried, I wouldn't even see the windows logo. Guessed it could be some kind of drivers issue. Uninstalling the graphics drivers in the safe mode let me boot the system normally, but as soon as I re-install them in the normal mode and restart, its the same story again, BSODs.
I was left with no other choice than formatting the entire system, and I did, installed the latest graphics as well. But that didn't stop the BSODs either. Any help?

This is what the BSOD says.

*Dropbox link to the image*
*www.dropbox.com/s/o9jzao3gx0id6qg/IMG_20130601_162430.jpg

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
Yes..

Uninstalling the graphics drivers in the safe mode let me boot the system normally, but as soon as I re-install them in the normal mode and restart, its the same story again, BSODs.

EDIT - In case I had to replace the card, which one should I go for? budget - 10k MAX, nvndia oATi, needs good cooling, thanks :)

EDIT 2 - Got one of my friend's gfx card, 8600gt, seems to be working fine, I'll use it for a week and see if the problem lies with the mobo or the old card. Though I need some suggestions for a new one :)

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ cyborg

650-ti boost will be a great upgrade for you at the price. You'll get even faster performance than a 7850 and of course, much much faster than your 460.

MSI N650Ti-2GD5/OC BE NVIDIA - GeForce 600 Series Graphics Card

GIGABYTE GV-N65TBOC-2GD Ultra Durable 2 Series Graphic Cards

I suggest the msi one. See if you can also bag a zotac 650-ti boost at these prices locally.

Top Bottom