i returned my Dvd-RW which was under warranty,the one i got back is used.is it ok????

Status
Not open for further replies.

tango_cash

In the zone
hi i had a sony dvd writer which i returned to my vendor, after having problems with it.
the one i got back from my vendor looks used and old.
when i asked the vendor about it he said that the company has given this one because my writer was also old.
is he telling the truth?????
do companies change a product which is under warranty and give the customer a similarly old and used product in return???
i think the companies give a new product.
pls help.

OP
tango_cash

tango_cash

In the zone
yes the remaning warranty will be avalible but that is upto 11th month i.e november.but wat if he has given me a old one and it breaks down after some time then what.
and most importantly i want to know what is the company policy when replacing a product under warranty.do they give a new one or old one.

spynic

Case Mod - 60% ||||||----
hey mostly do tht.. afaik...samsung does tht with HDD's
although seagate has good service.. guess they atleast give clean stuff.. not screwed up

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i dunno abt sony but all other brands i've used.. i've never been given old stuff if the whole item is replaced under warranty.

clmlbx

Technomancer
SONY GIVES THE USED ONE ONLY AND YES REMAINING WARRANTY WILL BE APPLICABLE

EVEN IF YOUR DVD WRITER IS a month or less old u will get used( repaired) one only in warranty

OP
tango_cash

tango_cash

In the zone
Re: i returned my Dvd-RW which was under warranty,the one i got back is used.is it ok

infra_red_dude said:
i dunno abt sony but all other brands i've used.. i've never been given old stuff if the whole item is replaced under warranty.
mine was also a whole item replaced thing.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
lol i have also returned my Sony DVD writer two times already and on both the occasions i got new DVD writers but with the remaining warranties.:p

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
and yeah obviously no matter what brand.. the remaining warranty applies.. thats common sense.. otherwise just as the warranty's about to end ppl may deliberately damage it and claim warranty! :D

and if sony gives used ones then its really bad on their part. i din know that. coz all other brands haf replaced the item as a whole wid a brand new one wid remaining warranty.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
call up the sony customer care directly and ask them if they replace wid old drives. don't go thru the dealer. then you'll get to know.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom