I need Suse 10.4 Whr to request?

Status
Not open for further replies.

logonaniket

Right off the assembly line
I need Suse(latest) wich i think is 10.4
I am findin noway to apply or request for tht?
its free na?!!!

rohandhruva

Broken In
There is nothing like OpenSUSE 10.4. The last one was 10.3, and the new one, 11.0 will be released soon.
And no, they don't send free CDs. You will have to download it yourself. You don't have to apply anywhere for the download, just go to their site.

next version will be 11.0, and hopefully it will come at a time when KDE4 will have gained suffitient stability and bug fixes. If it does, it will be the best distro ever, art the time of its release.

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^The release is not too far..About 2 weeks to go and also recently the first beta of KDE 4.1 was released! That would pretty much define how stable, usable OpenSuse is going to be!

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
Pat, KDE release and stability of openSUSE? Am I missing something here? As far as I know, even if you install KDE beta on a BSD, it will become unstable and if you do not install KDE 4 Beta on SUSE, it will remain at it's upmost stability.

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^ I said that considering the fact that OpenSUSE is going to be bundled with KDE 4 by default and its not like you HAVE to install it :)

^^ I said that considering the fact that OpenSUSE is going to be bundled with KDE 4 by default and its not like you HAVE to install it :)
+1

and anyone here ever wondered how OpenSuSE will look with FluxBox ? The heaviest distro on the lightest window manager... we will definitely have some serious contrast:D

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
^^ Actually the heaviest distro these days is PC-LinuxOS and even Ubuntu (my observation... even kalpik said that the gnome was bloated in Ubuntu).

Moreover, edit runlevel 5 config from YaST and you get it as light as any other distro.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
^^ Actually the heaviest distro these days is PC-LinuxOS and even Ubuntu (my observation... even kalpik said that the gnome was bloated in Ubuntu).
Waste the Gnome environment and then try out XFCE. If I didnt have Apache , MySql etc running my usage would be well below 50 MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom