I need help in building a PC for my son (in 10+2) for beginners in animation field.

rahul_digit

Right off the assembly line
Re: I need help in building a PC for my son (in 10+2) for beginners in animation fie

@ranjan any thing would work with the gfx in Radeon 5000 or 4000 series of ATI or even the GT or GTX 400 series of NVIDIA but the only Problem is while rendering & the performance wont be optimum people just make it a big buzz and make others panic if any ones budget is lower then 40k he can build a pc for these requirments the only thing is it would not give the optimum performance and ofcourse it would be far better then going for a laptop with those usless gfx cards bundled with them if u have a low budget & if u have patience then any thing of the above cards would work for you Maya dosent requites a big rig to run on the only thing is u give me the software i would make it run over in the minimum system requirments if its just for Modeling while Texturing & Rendering is a serious affair thats where u need a powerful or at least a medium level gfx and the problem is some ATI models support these softwares (completely) while some dont the same is with NVIDIA dont worry 5770 is not a bad choice but u need to understand a lot as i m doing to get the right gfx card for ur apps

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya
Re: I need help in building a PC for my son (in 10+2) for beginners in animation fie

Purchased from Lynx, Chandigarh on 16.08.2010.

x6 1055T @ 9.8k
MSI 890GXM G65 @ 7k
WD CB 500 GB @ 2.7k
Corsair 550VX @ 4.6k
Corsair 1600Mhz C9 2x2GB @ 6k
BenQ E2200HD (with HDMI cable)@ 8.6k
CM Elite 430 @ 2.5k
Logitech KB and Mouse @ 0.7k
HP F4488 Deskjet Copy/Scan/Print @ 3.7k
APC 600VA UPS @ 2k
(Prices without VAT)
Total 49.6k including VAT

GPU- kept pending for 6 months. Presently using onboard graphics.
Processor OC to 3.3Ghz on HSF with CnQ enabled.

excellent purchase sir
i assure u that this rig will not disappoint u
the x6 u bought will surely give an upper hand on those rendering stuff
plus its more future proof than i5

rahul_digit

Right off the assembly line

Suggest me a Graphic Card & Mother Board which is both SLI & Crossfire compatible is such a thing exists (so that if im not satisfied with an ATI i would replace or add up an NVIDIA insted or vice a versa)

Can any one tell me that is it possible to run "2 gfx cards of different brands 2gather in a single CPU" thats like if i want 2 run an ATI Radeon HD 5770 (1GB) & for the other purpouses i would run some thing like NVIDIA any PhysX or CUDA supportive gfx card is this possible .........?

acewin

Point Blanc

yeah exists, but SLI works only for nVidia card and crossfire is only for AMD cards, you cannot sli or crossfire ati card with nVidia card.
so the answer to your question is no

rajan1311

Padawan

@ranjan any thing would work with the gfx in Radeon 5000 or 4000 series of ATI or even the GT or GTX 400 series of NVIDIA but the only Problem is while rendering & the performance wont be optimum people just make it a big buzz and make others panic if any ones budget is lower then 40k he can build a pc for these requirments the only thing is it would not give the optimum performance and ofcourse it would be far better then going for a laptop with those usless gfx cards bundled with them if u have a low budget & if u have patience then any thing of the above cards would work for you Maya dosent requites a big rig to run on the only thing is u give me the software i would make it run over in the minimum system requirments if its just for Modeling while Texturing & Rendering is a serious affair thats where u need a powerful or at least a medium level gfx and the problem is some ATI models support these softwares (completely) while some dont the same is with NVIDIA dont worry 5770 is not a bad choice but u need to understand a lot as i m doing to get the right gfx card for ur apps

Sorry buddy but I did not understand a word....

I rephrase my question : How well so such software use the capabilities of a normal, non workstation, graphics card.
We can always save $ and go for a 5670 over a 5770 if the 5770 does not make a significant difference, right?

Piyush

Lanaya

yeah exists, but SLI works only for nVidia card and crossfire is only for AMD cards, you cannot sli or crossfire ati card with nVidia card.
so the answer to your question is no

IT IS POSSIBLE
new mobo featuring this technology are coming in markets
the tech name is FUSION

i recently saw an intel based mobo with this feature i.e. running two different cards

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

IT IS POSSIBLE
new mobo featuring this technology are coming in markets
the tech name is FUSION

i recently saw an intel based mobo with this feature i.e. running two different cards

it is based on lucid hydra chipset.
fusion is not tech name. it is name given by msi to their mobos like big bang fusion. '
but it is totally useless. sometimes performance lower than individual cards.

OP
Y

ysmonyog

Journeyman

May I ask a question in between?
How much (max) Processor temp can be considered as SAFE for 1055T with 890GXM-G65?
Where (and size) should I install aditional fan in my CM Elite 430 for better cooling and balanced inflow/outflow.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

IDLE: 30 or below. LOAD: 50 or below.

Top Bottom