I Need a visual Basic Geek

Status
Not open for further replies.

chirayu garg

Journeyman
I am making a database progarm in visual basic I am makinG IT BY reading a book so I AM NOT A expert. When I run the program and enter the data in the chart and click on OK(code-recordset.addnew) it shows a runtime error and says "THE ACTION WAS CANCELLED BY AN ASSOCIATED OBJECT".

geekgod

Journeyman
what he meant was that u r to paste the code for the entire form
attach the form..and if there is any form related to it..( i mean if there is a form that needs to be present to compile the code) attach it too..

technomodel

Journeyman
i suppose by chart u mean a data grid..there's a separate chart control in VB.

what sort of datagid are you using?

and it would really be easiest for us to help if u attach the entire form in a post..

p.s: u were looking for a geek..
and now u've got the GOD of geeks...:)

@geekgod : nothing personal m8..

Last edited:
OP
C

chirayu garg

Journeyman
OK guys I have sorted out the problem but I new problem has occured on my form I am putting a few option buttons . I want that when the program runs the user selects 1option buttons and the caption of that button enters my database but I can't find any options in the properties of option button.
Urgent Help Needed.PLZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
I recently dowloaded an e-book of VisualStudios.net from a cyber cafe..
Pls tell the diff between VisualStudio 6 and Visual Studio.net

When was Visual Studio.net IDE provided by Digit?? I dont have a broadband connection!

I have VisualBasic 6 installed on my P.C.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
chirayu garg said:
OK guys I have sorted out the problem but I new problem has occured on my form I am putting a few option buttons . I want that when the program runs the user selects 1option buttons and the caption of that button enters my database but I can't find any options in the properties of option button.
Urgent Help Needed.PLZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

u can do it by loop

like is if optionbutton is check it will return the value of 1 so then this statement is executed
data1.recordset.addrecord

but all depneds upon ur stlye of making project so pls give a screenshot of it so that we can figure out what going on.otherwise we will be aiming a shot in mid air

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Do u want the database to be connected when the button is clicked ???? If yes then i'd say u should connect the database when the form is loaded ... either by adodc or adodb .... if ur using adodc then u can start with these two lines :

Adodc1.Recordset.MoveLast
Adodc1.Recordset.AddNew

and then go on adding the new records ... if ur using adodb then the codes gets a bit lengthy .... reply ..

geekgod

Journeyman
Visual Studio.Net is based on the .NET platform.. which emplys the Common Language Runtime of Microsoft for helping to integrate codes written in various languages like VC++.net, Vb.net etc..on the other hand VB6 is not based on the CLR, meaning that u cant intergrate the code with any other language..(u dont need either..just my two pence)..
moreover, VB.net is FULLY object oriented..while it is not so well implemented in VB6.

in my opinion..VB.NET is very much a bloated and heavy language..easy to learn..but keeps u handicapped as a programmer...i think its best usefulness is limited only for developing web based applications(if someone here works on this..i'll welcome you to correct any mistake in this statement)..if u want to go into .net..try to learn VC++. it's a beast to tame..but it IS a beast.

if u r just developing a basic stand alone application..VB6 should be good enpough for you.

Last edited:

deepak.krishnan

In the zone
I had some similar problem. Have you given both add and update codes in the same button?? Then first make a button with the add code in it and another with update code in it. Now when you enter the data, you have to click the add button first and then start entering the data. Then click update button . This might solve your problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom