I need a serious change damn it! Can anyone help?

.jRay.

Youngling
The easiest way is to socialize (in physical sense not virtual world sense). That's what i did after i became a Gaming zombie. Mom served me food in my computer table, Dad was like: "what am i gonna do with this boy he is a gone case"
So i started spending time with my friends, like going out, meeting people or just doing mundane boring stuff like "lets go visit that guy's house" etc etc. although all you end up doing is watch his tv, read his comics or watch him play games while u simply stare on (buggers dont have the courtesy of letting guests play games on their PC). On the bright side, free snacks :D

Oh ya, having a girl helps too. Doesnt necessarily have to be your significant other...
At the beginning you will have to hear nag nag nag like "you are so childish why u still play games" and "come take me for shopping" zzzzzzz .. but all in all u start finding things other than sitting on the computer. You can still be connected to the virtual world, like surfing on your phone while your girl spends hours deciding whether to pick the cherry pink sandals or cerulean blue sandals. (u will also learn about colors and stuffs so general knowledge ftw :D )

True.. Having a girl helped me a lot.. Although she didn't take me shopping but used to nag all the time...

aaruni

The Linux Guy
You're my clone?? I'm almost the same... I ignore studies, and people think i have a massive ego problem, but i don't, i just find it unnecessary to talk to someone without the absolute need for it.

so much same!

I just don't talk to people until I absolutely need to, or they initiate. To that, I find girls in my class telling me, "tuu to mujhe bhool hi ja", when they go by and I don't say "hi"

R2K

In the Zone
I'm in the same boat. I'm taking a break/ vacation from my job after a loooooong time and I don't even like getting out of the freaking house. Or even get out of my computer room or living room where I have the TV :D.
Though lately I decided how to learn how to ride a motor bike all by myself. Not an easy task and also stupid to some extend to do so without any help considering I haven't even used a bicycle in 3 years . :D. But that really helped me take my mind off from computers and TV and made me get out of the house for a while. LOL.. You can't learn riding bikes inside the house and internet is not so useful for it either. Before that my neighbors and relatives didn't even know that I'm home for vacation and now I think they have started noticing me. Probably thinking what the hell made this dude get out of the house :D.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Though lately I decided how to learn how to ride a motor bike all by myself. Not an easy task and also stupid to some extend to do so without any help considering I haven't even used a bicycle in 3 years . :D. But that really helped me take my mind off from computers and TV and made me get out of the house for a while.

Can one learn bike all by himself and without any help? :O
I think you would need a place with less traffic or open field. Since you can easily run into anyone in traffic if no one is sitting behind you to train. :p

.jRay.

Youngling
I think you would need a place with less traffic or open field. Since you can easily run into anyone in traffic if no one is sitting behind you to train. :p

I learned riding a bike all by myself. It was in a building compound at my brothers place. He gave me the keys and said leave the clutch and pull the accelerator slowly. And i learned in some minutes.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
Turning out to be a "Introvert heaven"...

True that !!!

same problem.
Introvert.
and what should we say when someone asks our name ?

- - - Updated - - -

I get stuck when people ask me suddenly, even my name.
Person: Whats your name?
Me: My name is XYZ(like a 4th standard kid)
Before coming to hostel I was like "I am XYZ, nice to meet you too"
Once very embarassing thing happened. My friend's uncle came to hostel and wanted to meet me(may be to check with what kind of guys my son is staying with). I didn't wanted to go but I went. I entered room,
Me: Vanakkum Uncle.
Uncle: What's your good name?
Me: My good name i..s.. XYZ(*In mind, what the f*** I said just now!!!)
?
what are we supposed to answer then ?
even i also feel very awkward when someone asks my name and i'm like " i'm ABC... "
I even gave my intros so fast in my hostel, the seniors were like "bhai thoda dheere bol le" thought at first i didn't even know what the S#it i have to include in that, but gradually, through many intros, I kind of recited all the things, :p

- - - Updated - - -

many times, i cant come across appropriate words for many things (not now though, on TDF, its kind of "mastercool8695" :p)

also I'm 90% like Rajesh koothrapalli of bigbang, :lol:
though I haven't tried alcohol yet :p and won't in future too :)
the Rajesh koothrapalli in my kind of goes into hibernate sometimes, (almost like 1 in a billion hours)
and when i'm on the Internet (like FB or something :p)

Last edited:

R2K

In the Zone

Didn't really go into the main street at the beginning because of fear. Learned it on the less busy street around my house. No one was available to "train" me :D. I knew basics about how to ride ( The clutch + accelerator thing and changing gears) .Still don't feel confident about fully learning it but now I don't feel scared riding on the busy main roads :D Maybe I will get better with more experience.. But the important thing is I'm actually enjoying getting out of the house for a while :D

Last edited:

Vignesh B

Youngling
Didn't get you... What you said is what's being said by all of us when someone asks us our name... What am I missing???
What he meant is he said, " My "GOOD" name is xyz. You don't usually use good while mentioning your name.
On a side note, its only in India that you ask "What's your good name". Else where its simply "What's your name?" Probably due to the literal translation from Hindi.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
I'm 19 .I think I really need to change my life-style.. My typical day goes like..

I wake up at 11 during my free days
and then I start my PC, INTERNET ALL DAY!

and go out a few times for 5 min or so..

and I sleep at 2 PM..
= 12 hours avg of computer..isnt that loong?

I think most of the people are doing the same..(or not?)..the thing is, i'm lacking physical exercise and I think my ability to talk correctly is slowly vanishing..i'm stuttering a lot and unable to grasp the correct word im seeking..and I think its the fault of INTERNET (memes!) alone! (btw it took me a while to think of these words)

btw im skinny, so I thought of going to gym, I have a thing for photography, so I bought a camera..,I think of helping my parents bcoz this will be my last year living with them :(.. I think of trying some science projects/stuff..every time im trying to sleep I think of trying them tomorrow.., so I feel happy and doze..next day, it will be the same...everyday I THINK of doing something, but they remain as THOUGHTS only..
and I even THINK of improving myself..but..,as I said before..

yet, im unable to come out of it, aaaaannnd it goes on..
any help?

thanks for reading..@!

The best cure for lethargy is Physical exercise and not necessarily gymming. I dont go to gym. I find it absolutely boring. I swim daily . It is such a damn refreshing activity ,especially in summer. I swim 20 rounds daily. And there are various mini rewards on the side. Once i finish swimming, i head to steam room for 10-15 mins . The body becomes so loose and light and then i enjoy alternate cold/hot shower. After this, i head to juice centre and drink a mango/banana shake and a lime juice. I feel nirvana :p . Nowadays the habit has gotten so deep that i feel cranky even if i dont get to swim a single day.

Regarding other creative activities like photography /science projects, believe me its boring to pursue all this alone. You should get an enthusiastic photographer friend / someone who will be happy to experiment with you.

kaz

right here
I learned riding a bike all by myself. It was in a building compound at my brothers place. He gave me the keys and said leave the clutch and pull the accelerator slowly. And i learned in some minutes.

I never got bike from home to learn driving neither anyone was interested in teaching...So I got my friends bike and took it to a public field and learnt riding within 10min....Came back home and told "Papa bike chalana seekh liya" and Papa was like :shock: :-D

Though I had some problems while releasing clutch and did some wheelies unknowingly in crowded places but after few days it was all smooth :)
Have survived some accidents too. Got a 3inch mark on my leg a year ago

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Just spit out "XYZ" . "My name is XYZ" sounds kinna kindergarteny.

Thats the problem. I was not like this before. I used to say "I amXYZ" when I start intro or if someone else ask then, "XYZ".
But past 2yrs I am feeling a change. also I feel inferior to talk to other guys/girls whose english is better then mine(here, most of them).

Recently i noticed my new habit of "I am bla bla" or "my good bla". So embarrassing it is. Which makes me feel run away from that place immediately

Top Bottom