i need a new mouse.pls suggest me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tango_cash

In the zone
after 3 yr's of great service my iball black cat 5 button mouse is now dieing *www.getsmile.com/emoticons/funny-smileys-68129/sobbing.gif.and that is not because of some defect but because i kicked it by mistake *www.postsmile.com/img/emotions/174.gif and it hit the wall really hard.the poor thing is still working but not on all surfaces(it works if i use it on my bed but doesn't work on the table).it's getting buggy.

so now i am looking for another mouse.the things i need are-
5 button mouse.
don't want cordless mouse.
not more than 1000/-.

prefrably from iball.logitech,microsoft or other reputed brand.

Last edited:

xbonez

NP : Crysis
i'd suggest MX-518...though it'll be slightly higher than ur budget...it'll cost about 1400

1. its from logitech
2. 5 buttons + 2 for sensitivity adjustment + one for switching windows (like alt-tab)
3. amazing look and build quality
4. sensor ranges from 400 to 1800dpi
5. one-year warranty
6. awesome for gaming
7. extremely ergonomical
8. optical engine...so not fussy about surface
9. corded
10. PS/2 and USB connectivity

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
wats ur screen resolution?
get iball laser for 700/-. It has five button nd have laser sensor. Its really gud but ull need at least 1280*1024 or 1440*900 to use it optimally. On lower resolutions the pointer is too hard to control. its 2~3x times faster than normal mice.

u can also go for logitech MX 510 for around 1.1k. that too is a 5button ice but with a 1200 dpi optical sensor.

OP
tango_cash

tango_cash

In the zone
ull get a good corded laser mouse for that range...better than optical mice.

.................. have laser sensor.

thnks all for the help.
what's with the laser sensor??? i thought u get either a ball mouse or a optical mouse.cud u pls tell abt the laser mouse.
and given the options i would rather go with the iball 700 bucks mouse.and i hope my screen res of 1152x864 wud not be a problem.
hey and these are just two mouses i believe there must be more options.anybody else????

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
there are uch les options as u want a 5 button mouse below 1k. Most of the 5 button mouse are gaming mice nad comes at premium.

laser mice as similar to optical mouse, but uses high frequency laser instead of light. It has more tracking sensitivity, more precise and wont have standby mode. Its gud for gaming. iball one has gud vfm nd it has gud fell nd comfort. The only downside i see is the average quality feet and no on the fly sensitivity changers. But both of em doesnt matter to u as u are not gonna game hard on it i think. its enuf for casual gaming.

Hrithan2020

In the zone
i'd suggest MX-518...though it'll be slightly higher than ur budget...it'll cost about 1400

Yeah MX-518 a v.v.good mouse for its price.1600 dpi may not sound much but its enough;there have been cases where it outperforms higher dpi laser mouses easily.Stretch ur budget a bit & buy that & be happy for a long time.

moshel

Padawan
im using the MX518 optical mouse and its really gr888. didnt suggest it earlier cos it would be out of budget. but if you can afford it and are ready to pay for it then its really good.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
me too owns both iball laser and an MX 518. Both are gr8 nd MX is much better.
Nnow MX 518 comes with an upgraded sensor @ 1800dpi but is still an optical. But it dun matter as its tracking is almost as gud as most lasers.
its now for 1300/-.
but if budget is strictly below 1k, then ull have to settle for iball laser.

iball laser best suits large hands[palms] while MX 518 is suited for med~large palms.

moshel

Padawan
@keith_j_snyder2 - well atleast till now nothing of that sort has happened.

@dOm1naTOr - before buying the MX518, i was using iball laser mouse too. but as soon as i connected the mx518, i noticed the difference. its just soooo accurate and you feel as if you are really controlling the mouse. the laser mouse sometimes went haywire for no reason. and it had a cheap plasticky finish.

really i suggest if u can afford the MX518 then go for it, its better than iball laser mouse

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Yup,keith_j_snyder2 is rite
the paints on the logo is chippin away and also the rubbergrip kinda surface is tearing out at many places. But i maybe coz of my rough use. U used to carry it on my bag along with headphones and some books. Its after that it began to tearoff.

@moshel
hi, most of the laser mice are like that. The pointer ll go mad if we lift the mouse to place it in position while gaming. It even works if we lift the mouse some 1cm from surface.
Thnx MX 518 has equally gud tracking with its optical sensor.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
i bought my MX518 almost 8 months back...got 1800dpi sensor back then, so 1800dpi sensor MX-518s have been around for a while...i've had no issues at all with body paint or body chipping off...its an awesome mouse..extremely comfortable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom