I need a multipin laptop power connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

royal

Padawan
Ok this is going to sound weird. The laptop that I use at office (and bring home to watch movies :D ) has to be connected to a "dock". This "dock" has all the necessary ports (for e.g. power/USB/LAN etc) and the corresponding cables/devices are attached to it. These things could have been attached to the laptop itself, but the funda is that once they are connected to the "dock" , all I have to do is to attach the laptop to the "dock" before beginning work. In this way, I dont have to connect/take out the cables everyday when I come back home.

I think I have made myself clear ... :rolleyes: If not , here's a similar product

Now the power adapter is connected to the "dock" and it doesn't fit into the power port of the laptop itself , which is of a different size (one is 2.1 mm and 2.5mm).
Here's a sample pic

So all I need to know is how to interchange between the two ?

If what I said appeared hebrew to you, here's what I need ;)

Last edited:

Sourabh

Laptoping
Yes, you have made it very clear. I have no idea where to get those individual connectors, but laptop power adaptor of 120W rating with all those connectors is available for 2,000 Rs. So, if you manage to get one of those adaptors, you can manage to power the laptop at home (and in office, just in case)

So, well this is the 'expensive' solution. I don't even know why I am posting this, you can easily get a separate adaptor for the laptop for a few hundreds less. But, the universal power adaptor can be a nice one time solution. If you know what I mean :)

OP
royal

royal

Padawan
Thanks for your reply. I shall be moving to UK next month and there I can get a Barrel adaptor for less than a pound. :cool: I just wanted to know whether those are available locally as well.

However what you suggested is also valid. Maybe I'll buy one sometime in future. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom