I love India but not its distribution network: Apple CEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renny

Padawan
Apple totally ignores India and people in India shell out loads for their way overpriced products :lol:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd definitely switch to iPhone if it was easy to use and user-friendly.

root.king

geek in action
who wants a 560$ CRAP.
when i can still get a good nokia 1100 for just 1000 Rs.

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
I'd definitely switch to iPhone if it was easy to use and user-friendly.

this is bluetooth and file transfer I guess

And what about the issue of limited bandwidth, internet is still costly in India, I buy music online but what good and cheap bandwidth to download it ?

not a problem
the iphone uses the network continuously, GC, Youtube, social networks, email, messengers, Internet radio and safari all work perfectly on 2G, the content is just fine on the existing networks because more than good or bad quality, the content is delivered at appropriate quality for the medium

facetime wont work

red dragon

Master troll
What is the point of this thread!?
We all know Apple does not even give a flying fcuk to India,their business,their choice!

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
who wants a 560$ CRAP.
when i can still get a good nokia 1100 for just 1000 Rs.
There are different usage scenarios.

if you are still using a phone for just SMS and Phonecalls then yes Rs. 1000 is Just fine, that doesn't mean the other phone is crap. it depends on how you look at a product.

root.king

geek in action
There are different usage scenarios.

if you are still using a phone for just SMS and Phonecalls then yes Rs. 1000 is Just fine, that doesn't mean the other phone is crap. it depends on how you look at a product.

ya agreed but,
if i dont got proper signal from bsnl then i can hit my mobile to road, and repair it within just 800Rs. But not an iphone or ipad

coolfire92

Lurking Around
The reason Apple doesn't work in India is that they are selling their products here that were made for Western countries.

As lywyre said not everyone has a pc or internet connection if he wants to add songs or files to his device.

And people are used to transfering files the easy way(mass storage),not installing itunes,syncing and stuff + shortage of free apps.

Even repairing a apple product is costly as hell.My friend's ipod nano malfunctioned so he took it to the service center,charged him ~700rs and asked him to pay the price of new one for a replacement.

akkib89

Broken In
Crapple doesn't love India. Indians know this.
Much better in this aspect is SAMSUNG. Kudos to them.
But Apple does make darn good products. Kudos to them for that.

Flash

Lost in speed
Apple products are overpriced. For countries like India, they've to devise a different approach to steal the hearts of consumers.

I think this is why iPhone lost to HiPhone in China!! :p
PRICE matters in places, where $s are not used.

As Steve Jobs said "Design is not HOW IT LOOKS. Design is all about HOW IT WORKS!".

With these words, Android can beat iOS in market share & usability, IMO.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I dont think there is any thing more to discuss here .... unsubscribing from thread

Krow

Crowman
Perfect example of how touchy "Indians" are. Cook is right. Too many middlemen means Apple will have to take a hit on its margins, why should any company like such a scenario? End of discussion. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom