I have got my free 200 cds of ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
madrasi said:
^^ See Linux users are angry
Have you ever used Linux before...When I read the following news, I thought Kerala is moving towards right direction but there are many left still now...SAD.

Kerala to go 100% Linux

After the cola ban it is now the turn of Microsoft to log out of Kerala. Children in 12500 high schools in the state will not be taught Windows. Instead instructors are lining up Linux for them. Kerala has 99.9% Literacy.

madrasi

Banned
subratabera said:
Have you ever used Linux before...When I read the following news, I thought Kerala is moving towards right direction but there are many left still now...SAD.
I am not basically from Kerala,am a Marathi.I dont give a damn to this Kerla Linex boasting,...they are umm...
Windows is the Best friends,Understand this,rather than bashing a pROUD Windows XP user:confused: ....
Microsoft is such a gr8 company,how can u bash a microsoft Windows user here?I read many useful infi from anand,vishal Gupta etc see they are Windows Users and Brainy...

OP
tech_rockers

tech_rockers

Banned
One question to all linux Users/loveres -
Whis OS Were U All Using While Posting Ur Replays?

Last edited:

int86

You'r Born Free
I also got 10 cds pack and distributed among 9 diffrents friend circles.
five of them are using it . What i use i made five other to use.
And chain may increase.........

OP
tech_rockers

tech_rockers

Banned

What ever u should say about microsoft but remember that it was the microsoft who opend the Doors to computing.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
tech_rockers said:
What ever u should say about microsoft but remember that it was the microsoft who opend the Doors to computing.
I used to think so too, at one time but then the story is different. They entered by monopolitising the market, lock ins and unethical practices.

mehulved

Indyan said:
through good business sense
I'd disagree at this point. As, a commerce student, I have learnt that monopoly is never good, not for customers nither for the market. And today, ethics is one of the most important things in business. That's why CRM suites and coprporate governance is getting such high popularity.

OP
tech_rockers

tech_rockers

Banned
Thats pt. i agree with
But my pt. is that What would be the methods leave it

At least we can now have a easy acess to computers

It is the simmilar case as mobile phones Which Rareley Existid in India in 2000s Have now become common Due to the revolution Brought By Relince.

mehulved

It was rather the cheap hardware that Intel could produce, by overturning tables on IBM, and MS backstabbing IBM for Intel, that brought computers to people's desks not MS.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
well in my Case i asked Canonical for 100 cd's of ubuntu 5.10 long time back so that i cud distribute them at a local tech event in our school , instead they sent 500 , but then too they were all finished in a week .

Aberforth

The Internationalist
tech_rockers said:

Do you really think Linux is so inferior that it can't be used to post this here? I am in fact using OpenSuse 10.2 to post this even though I have Windows MCE 2005. OpenSuse has some roadblocks but its still is as much good (if not better) than Windows.

By the way, you have wrong information, Microsoft didn't bring computing to the masses. It was the hardware companies like IBM which constantly kept trying to find ways to make cheaper and better hardware. If we didn't have the 2.4 GHz processors and 1 GB RAM of today at such dirt prices you probably would have been trying to type this through an MS DOS command line terminal (more likely not).

By the way don't try cheap jokes/tricks to start a flame war against an operating system, I know where you are headed.

OP
tech_rockers

tech_rockers

Banned
Aberforth said:
Do you really think Linux is so inferior that it can't be used to post this here? I am in fact using OpenSuse 10.2 to post this even though I have Windows MCE 2005. OpenSuse has some roadblocks but its still is as much good (if not better) than Windows.

By the way, you have wrong information, Microsoft didn't bring computing to the masses. It was the hardware companies like IBM which constantly kept trying to find ways to make cheaper and better hardware. If we didn't have the 2.4 GHz processors and 1 GB RAM of today at such dirt prices you probably would have been trying to type this through an MS DOS command line terminal (more likely not).

By the way don't try cheap jokes/tricks to start a flame war against an operating system, I know where you are headed.
:eek:
"Do you really think Linux is so inferior that it can't be used to post this here?"
When did i say these words i was just asking a simple question that which os r all using
if u r using OpenSuse 10.2 it well and good and i got my answer from u

it was u who himself think linux as inferior and asked me bla bla..
So in terms of software who bringed computing to mass?
-remember it is a question not insult
And please dont give me the ans like this
"do u relly think linux is such inferior that it cannt briing cmpting to mass"

And the last
It was not me to start the flame war against os
analyse the whole thread u will know who started this

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
what a waste of a thread! u've ordered 200 cds to distribute. fine... u tell us fine. then u tell us that u sold them at 2.10 (jokingly or seriously) now u start asking abt which OS do u use.... where is this thread heading? nowhere!!!!

this thread should be awarded the most irrelevant thread of the year!!!! it runs into 4 pages, started a flame war! got a member banned! man... this is interesting!!

mods plz lock this thread asap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom