I have Bank management program which doesnt save

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashang

Journeyman
I have created Bank Management program. The problem is that it is not saving. If we add record then it should save.. but after restarting the data gets erased , there is no database in our program. I dont know how to create database and connect it with my program please TELL ME HOW TO DO???

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Wow! this is the first time I am coming across a program that cannot update records but thinks that it can "Manage Banks"

Prolly, you meant that you are attempting to create :D

BTW use Google, I think its a pretty basic thing on using DB engines in your program. Have a look at SQLite or something similar.

Learn the basic DB layer first because here onwards, almost every application you will create in future WILL have a DB!

OP
dashang

dashang

Journeyman
Atleast give me the link for sql lite. My sir told using ms-access would be easier . Do you know how to do

the program saves in text file [not in tables] . The first thing is that to create table like records. Please view my Attachment and then reply . You will understand more what i want and looking for

Last edited:

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Don't use MS-Access, its the slowest of the DBs! Instead go for MySQL!
Also, if you are going for a file based storage, then I suggest you look into XML.

On the other hand, I think you should go for DB storage rather than text file storage!

To use a DB storage, you need to first learn how to use SQL.

So as an interim measure I suggest you use file storage. Its just a simple matter of going to www.cplusplus.com and learning how to use fstream objects and learning to love the read() and write() functions of C++ standard library.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom