I had to buy a digiCam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
@Kpower_mania thanks to you too for your suggestions.:p nicon D40x is the best camera but its very very high priced and out of my budget:( and also it will not be easy to use ,by other family members.

@imgame2
Yes these online prices are t confusing. And the street price funda is lot risky. I thought Nicon's price quoted by kpower_mainac authorised one. I will buy the selected cam form delhi as my younger brother lives there. He is an engineer in Moser Bare.
But I too will have to go there one day earlier to do the markert survey.
I am narrowing close on Canon's sx100IS as it will be in my budget. And if its cheaper the saved money can be used to buy a memory card of higher capacity.

And according to my ideals about life, buying without bill is something like buying a smuggled piece and I can't cheat my country for just few thousands. I willing to pay the tax to government.

And this time digit showed the camera shoot out but didnot included the sony's cameras in their shoot out. I can't understand the reason behind it. Also I am not seeing any ads from sony in digit magazine. Is this the reason?:rolleyes:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@Cool G5: I will try to wail till then.
All the best for your exams. May you prepare only those questions which are set on question paper.:D

I will make it(review) as early as possible after the exams.

And did you check the pics in the above link? How were they? They were at AUTO settings, I am still grasping the manual mode.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Get Canon SX 100 IS
I am a proud owner of it. :)
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97747 :|

me too going for Canon.

btw, what the max. Memory size it supports? 8GB or more?

what accessories should i get?
e.g. charger , i want to watch Picture/vids from cameraon TV, Laptop, desktop. (w/o removing mem. card)
Supplies & Accessories

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
The Canon SX 100 IS supports SD and SDHC memory cards, so 8GB should be supported.

You get the following accessories with the camera :

# 16MB SD Memory Card :shock: It's not a typo, it's MB what was Canon thinking. Cutting costs??

# Hand Strap

# Mini USB Cable

# TV out Cable

# Software CD-ROM

# User Manual

# Two AA Size batteries

imgame2

Padawan
@toofan_nainital
looks like canon SX 100 IS is really a good choice ...go for it ...!

@cool G5 egarly waiting for review !

OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
And did you check the pics in the above link? How were they? They were at AUTO settings, I am still grasping the manual mode.
Awesome . Those were great pics. and please try to post the review as soon as possible may be between two exams.:D
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97747
me too going for Canon.
After that we two will both review out camera pics here. Whats your choice and budget .....rpm?
@toofan_nainital
looks like canon SX 100 IS is really a good choice ...go for it ...!

Let see!.

What will be the cost of memory card these days as it will seriously be required with camera. and which one to buy. SX100 IS seems to support a lot of them.

acewin

Point Blanc
@ingame2, D40x and D40(around 25K) are two models, and D40x came almost around 32K (46.6 I think being real price, this is one of very old models from Nikon and has been discontinued as per my knowledge) has been replaced by D60 which is aroun 30-32K. And if you are thinking to spend 45K then Canon E450D kit.
And in 30K range if you do not want a SLR then there is Cannon Powershot G9

Canon A650 Powershot, Canon Ixux 850/860/870 and Sx 100 Powershot are good cameras, all being of different price and having different resolution, and all being very good. A650 is 12.1MPx camera

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
After that we two will both review out camera pics here. Whats your choice and budget .....rpm?
check this one too

*img228.imageshack.us/img228/5356/captureww4.jpg
*img228.imageshack.us/img228/captureww4.jpg/1/w690.png

Cyber-shot® W170 Digital Camera DSC-W170/R

Series highlights: 10.1 megapixel, 2.7" Clear Photo LCD™ display, Carl Zeiss wide 5x (28mm) Optical Zoom lens, Smile Shutter™ technology, Face Detection, Intelligent Scene Recognition, Super SteadyShot®, HD output and HD slideshow.

costs same as Cannon PowerShot SX110 IS , i.e., around $250-$270

i'm getting the camera from USA.

OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
Ya its a good camera with good features.
*www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/W170/W170A.HTM

Also check this link this will help you, me and others
*www.digitalcamerainfo.com/ratings.php?ratingsGroup=PointandShoot&sort=rev_rating_total*desc

With any new news or something helpful you know please inform.

acewin

Point Blanc
just for your info the highest rated camera has already got new model FZ18 has been long replaced by FZ50K, but even then if you get FZ18 its price would be sub 15K and its best camera and has best zoom, both the Panasonic cameras are sure very high rated, among people who like good zoom character and good features.

imgame2

Padawan
@ingame2, D40x and D40(around 25K) are two models, and D40x came almost around 32K (46.6 I think being real price, this is one of very old models from Nikon and has been discontinued as per my knowledge) has been replaced by D60 which is aroun 30-32K. And if you are thinking to spend 45K then Canon E450D kit.
And in 30K range if you do not want a SLR then there is Cannon Powershot G9

Canon A650 Powershot, Canon Ixux 850/860/870 and Sx 100 Powershot are good cameras, all being of different price and having different resolution, and all being very good. A650 is 12.1MPx camera

thanks for the info i did not know this !! :smile:
but right now he is buying a cam ...when it comes to me buying one i will buy canon EOS 50D or something like that ..or even 40D .....but i m not buying it for another year or so ..

acewin

Point Blanc
thanks for the info i did not know this !! :smile:
but right now he is buying a cam ...when it comes to me buying one i will buy canon EOS 50D or something like that ..or even 40D .....but i m not buying it for another year or so ..

hmm:D, so ingame2 has already decided to become a pro by next year,;), good change post some good chick pics clicked by you:cool:

imgame2

Padawan
hmm:D, so ingame2 has already decided to become a pro by next year,;), good change post some good chick pics clicked by you:cool:

no actually i have decided to buy a cam after a year .....and for pic u will have to wait ...for another year :D:D

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
If you plan to take pics of chicks then make sure your camera has a good amount of optical zoom ;)

Here Canon SX 100 IS rocks with it's 10x Optical zoom :D

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
^^ Ha Ha :D

We(My friends & me) do had taken such pics, just for testing the zoom & nothing else. We deleted them, as we don't need them. :D

acewin

Point Blanc
panasonic FZ50 is another of big zoom, but noone can beat zooming options in a SLR like EOS40D or 50D, nikon counterpart of them is D80

OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
SLR will need extra zooming lenses to do it. Hence they had more superior zoom quality.

Is there only two choices to make SX100IS and A720IS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom