I had to buy a digiCam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
But why its so cheap at eBay:confused:.
SX 10 IS is the best of the best camera but I think It will be way away from my budget.

And this Sensex is also dripping. Rise up dear So that I can have some good money to spend.

imgame2

Padawan
SX 10 IS is the best of the best camera but I think It will be way away from my budget.

And this Sensex is also dripping. Rise up dear So that I can have some good money to spend.

ebay india is not a site very trusted ..so be careful of what u see and what u get there ...

chitvan

Journeyman

yes....

SX10 IS is a nice cam with same features as SX1 IS.......but SX1 IS have CMOS sensor & can take HD video...

OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
ebay india is not a site very trusted ..so be careful of what u see and what u get there ...

Thanks for warning me. I will have a note of that. What about www.compareindia.com it has the lowest price in every section.

SX10 IS has 20X optical zoom. the highest in any P&S camera.
It supports .mov files for the video. Can anyone explain what is this and how it affect the quality?

Fahd.Malik

Broken In
Hi Everyone
I am interested in a digicam, budget 14k-16k
And SX110 IS seems the best bet.
Digicams I shortlisted were:
1. Sx100, sx110
2.s5 is (but its expensive)
3. Nikon P5100
4. Panasonic TZ5( Sx110 is better than this in my opinion.)

So i am in for sx110 IS
Only thing negative about sx110 is that it eats batteries, but i hope rechargebale batteries will do the job.

I called JJMehta(mumbai) today and he quoted 16k for sx110IS
He is giving some accessories and stuff included.

I am from Delhi, so is it OK to deal with JJMehta? will he replace the piece if i get a defective one? I have never bought anything online or Epayments stuffs. So plz tell me if its ok to deal a Digicam from JJM?

@ tofaan
The Ebay link u posted has a 1 year Dealers Warranty, while the one at JJM has 2 year Canon Warranty.

Last edited:
OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
You may get it at the same rate or a bit cheaper from Delhi itself. Just do some searching and inform me also. My hands got tied due to the share market. Otherwise I would have bought the same by now.

There are some good quality batteries available which can increase the shots taken upto 450 shots.
Energizer lithium AA. Check for some other options also. you can go to trusted review website and there they mention those high efficiency batteries.

As now I had to hold, so I am thinking of SX10 IS. Its having 20x zoom and soem more advance technology but still not released in India.

chitvan

Journeyman
Friends next month I am planning to buy a Graphic Card and a Digital Camera. Graphic card is done on HD4850 but for digicam I am not sure which one to buy.

My budget for camera is 15000. Performance is more important to me and then comes the zooming.

So guys please suggest me a model.

have u bought digicam....
which?

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@Fahd.malik - Yes the Canon SX 110 IS is a good deal. JJ Mehta is a reputed shop, so I don't think there will be any problems.

@toofan_nainital - Are you banned for a few days buddy :confused:

I will be putting up my review of Canon SX 100 IS in coming 3-4 days, do check it out.

Fahd.Malik

Broken In
Hi everyone
Yesterday i got myself SX110 IS from Delhi itself.
The deal cost me 16450/- inc Vat
The Package includes:

1. Canon SX110 IS( and all box contents promised by Canon)
2. 4GB sandisk SDHC card
3. 2 NiMh 2500mha Batteries with charger
4. Canon Case.
5. LCD screen Protector
6. Got a TCL wireless Headphone Free through Scratch card. ( its MRP is 3050/-)

So all in all its a very good deal in my opinion.

I have not tested it fully and still learning its controls.
Here are some pics i took in macro mode.

*img528.imageshack.us/img528/2527/img0096rn3.th.jpg*img528.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

*img147.imageshack.us/img147/5711/img0092tb3.th.jpg

chitvan

Journeyman
Hi everyone
Yesterday i got myself SX110 IS from Delhi itself.
The deal cost me 16450/- inc Vat
The Package includes:

1. Canon SX110 IS( and all box contents promised by Canon)
2. 4GB sandisk SDHC card
3. 2 NiMh 2500mha Batteries with charger
4. Canon Case.
5. LCD screen Protector
6. Got a TCL wireless Headphone Free through Scratch card. ( its MRP is 3050/-)

So all in all its a very good deal in my opinion.

I have not tested it fully and still learning its controls.
Here are some pics i took in macro mode.

*img528.imageshack.us/img528/2527/img0096rn3.th.jpg*img528.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

*img147.imageshack.us/img147/5711/img0092tb3.th.jpg

you should go closer.....even u have super macro(1cm)....
can u put other pics with super macro?i want to see result.....

Fahd.Malik

Broken In
Well those were some of my first shots. And i am still learning when to use what mode.
Hows this?
*img525.imageshack.us/img525/2536/img0291dfdus8.th.jpg*img525.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

*img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0291dfdus8.jpg

chitvan

Journeyman
Well those were some of my first shots. And i am still learning when to use what mode.
Hows this?
*img525.imageshack.us/img525/2536/img0291dfdus8.th.jpg*img525.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

*img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0291dfdus8.jpg

yes...this is nice one....
you have one of the best digicam....keep clicking.....& post photos....

OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
canon S3IS is an outdated product. S5IS is its advanced version and then SX 10 IS and SX 1 IS are the replacements of S5IS.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
So guys, the review of Canon Sx 100 IS is up here : *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101331

Do post your comments and queries if any in that thread. I would be glad to solve them. :)

OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
Thanks for your detailed preview and the pics you provided. This is awesome. So guys buying Sx100IS and its new model sx110IS will always be a good decision to take. I too have make a decision of buying SX110 IS or SX 10 IS if its available in India.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
^ You are welcome :)

Get the SX10 IS when it becomes available.

I see no reason why one should go for Canon SX110 IS over SX100 IS. It just has 9 MP sensor along with a 0.5inch bigger screen than SX100 IS. Rest it is identical to SX100 IS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom