I had to buy a digiCam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

toofan

Technomancer
Friends next month I am planning to buy a Graphic Card and a Digital Camera. Graphic card is done on HD4850 but for digicam I am not sure which one to buy.

My budget for camera is 15000. Performance is more important to me and then comes the zooming.

So guys please suggest me a model.

imgame2

Padawan
around 15k cannon powershot 720 IS is good model ...

*www.dpreview.com/reviews/canona720is/page12.asp

AFAIK picture quality is better than competing sony and nikon models ....look around for more reviews thats the only and best way to choose one camera ...also look for user comments too they are often very helpful and could sometime relate to the issue u are looking for !

also i will suggest u to go through that website(*www.dpreview.com/) it will give u a wealth of information ...which i feel is necessary when u are buying 15k camera

acewin

Point Blanc
will have to work little on yourself.
Canon-Digital IXUS 850 IS
check cnet reviews for good cameras.CNET Reviews

and for prices COMPAREINDIA

reviews on cnet in the link given are good and compareindia ratings also.
check for canons as I go with ingame2 in this matter. You will find them better in all aspects in the price range.

OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
Currently I am looking for
1.Canon digital IXUS 85IS @13100 rated very good
2. Canon Powershot SX100IS @ 12990 Excellent
3. Canon PowerShot A720IS @ 10500 Perfect
at *www.compareindia.com/products/digital-cameras/

Now guys which one to go.

imgame2

Padawan
Currently I am looking for
1.Canon digital IXUS 85IS @13100 rated very good
2. Canon Powershot SX100IS @ 12990 Excellent
3. Canon PowerShot A720IS @ 10500 Perfect
at *www.compareindia.com/products/digital-cameras/

Now guys which one to go.

are u going to buy it from compare india ?

i suggest u check out the price where u are actually buying it from ..if its going to be canon showroom call them up and ask for the prices ..call sony and nikon showroom as well and ask for the prices ...

if u are buying for some other local dealer pay him a visit and ask what all models are available and at what prices.in local dealers case always look if he is actally willing to give u warranty.

if u are buying it from delhi,i suggest call their showroom and ask for quotes ...showroom people are very helpfull and always give u good response.then get back with prices..then we can suggest better.

personally i don't think compareindia is as credible as lynx or itwares ..but i may be wrong.

Canon PowerShot A720IS is available at 10k ..now thats cheap ...u can look for better models since ur budget is 15k ...but it will help really if we really know the prices i mean showroom prices or the prices u are actually buying!

acewin

Point Blanc
anyhow canon cameras are better featured in the price.
Ans as ingame2 said check locally, compareindia just gives you an overview and prices can vary upto 1-2K in worst situations.

OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
Thanks guys,
And imgame2 for your detailed advice. It will be good to check the price locally and In delhi. As I can get it cheaper there probably.

Get Canon SX 100 IS
I am a proud owner of it. :)

Ya I am also very much attracted towards it. Its the best performer under 15000 but can you comment on its build quality as its build quality is not reviewed good.

anyhow canon cameras are better featured in the price.
Ans as ingame2 said check locally, compareindia just gives you an overview and prices can vary upto 1-2K in worst situations.
Is it so. I thought comapreindia price would be the common price.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@Toofan_nainital - The camera has no issue regarding build quality. It's rugged enough. It weights around 265gm, feels heavy & rock solid in hand. I's just that it won't come in your pocket as it's quite a little monster.

Also another thing, if you plan to shoot photos of your friends with you also in the frame & camera in your other hand, then the operation becomes difficult & the results will be hazy. I have tried it out.

BTW I am going to write a review on this camera, but it will take time as my exams are getting near. The review will be up somewhere around 15th October or so.

Also if you want to see some test shots then have a look here. But they are not the original size, they are resized to 1600*1200.

I strongly recommend you this camera, as it's performance is simply awesome. :)

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
For budget, samsung one's are good.

SOn'y cybershot's are really good.

And u dun need more than 8MP,no use really.

OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
Why dont you get a Nikon D40x for 16.5-17k.

The 1.5-2k spent more will be justified.
from Where did you get these prices? I think at 16.5k its will be the best cam to buy. Is this cost included the cost of Lenses also as it is DSLR so it will require lenses.

@Cool G5: I will try to wail till then.
All the best for your exams. May you prepare only those questions which are set on question paper.:D

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
from Where did you get these prices? I think at 16.5k its will be the best cam to buy. Is this cost included the cost of Lenses also as it is DSLR so it will require lenses.

All the best for your exams. May you prepare only those questions which are set on question paper.:D

The street prices say its 17k......dunno about the lens but they wont cost much.

This camera is THE best (under 20k mark).

and you HAD to buy a Digicam.......so why are you posting now ?? :confused:

Last edited:

imgame2

Padawan

i think India has not become so much mature in case of online shops yet ..they quote some outrageous prices and even customer are very reluctant to buy from them ...
hence i asked u very importantly from where u are going to buy?people can suggest u all sorts of things ..i could have suggested canon EOS 40D or even EOS 50D ...but does it help u ??

i m hoping that u will buy it from a authorized dealer and claim for a warranty if not these things could be bought at appropriate places with very cheap prices ...but i guess buying a 15k camera through such places is like a gamble !

*www.naaptol.com/buy-online/WO-best-shopping-deals-W1668O/cameras/digital_slr/nikon_d40x.html

in above @rediffshopping D40X costs 30k and @ futurebazzar it says 46.6k ...now i can't guess whats the correct street price out of the two ...can u ???
u can happily decide a camera now and when u go to buy it actually ..what if the authorise dealer quote price that is out of ur reach u will have to come back and decide again it will break ur heart....so why not do a little homework before buying it ??

i don't think calling in all the show rooms in delhi will cost u much ...heck even i can call and ask in delhi over the phone ...call rates being so cheap...all it might cost u may be 100 rupees or so ..but u will atleast know what u are dealing with.....

i hope u get my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom