I.E does not open any search page.HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

harpoon

Journeyman
I have just formatted my computer & reinstalled Win XP, with Avast Antivirus & Zone Alarm fire wall.I have dataone B.Band connection.The peculiar problem I am facing is that whenever I am trying to open any page in I.E it shows an error message "Search page cannot be found".Moreover,the antivirus also cannot be updated since it too shows an error message.
In crux, I cannot do any work on the internet although the b.band connection is perfect.
What's wrong? I have also turned off windows firewall so that it does not conflicts with the zone alarm.Please help!! I am in a total loss.

Third Eye

gooby pls
harpoon said:
I have just formatted my computer & reinstalled Win XP, with Avast Antivirus & Zone Alarm fire wall.I have dataone B.Band connection.The peculiar problem I am facing is that whenever I am trying to open any page in I.E it shows an error message "Search page cannot be found".Moreover,the antivirus also cannot be updated since it too shows an error message.
In crux, I cannot do any work on the internet although the b.band connection is perfect.
What's wrong? I have also turned off windows firewall so that it does not conflicts with the zone alarm.Please help!! I am in a total loss.

Use Mozilla,i also got this error.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Check your proxy settings.
Have you configured Dataone?
Does ZoneAlarm allow all needed apps to access the net?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Not necessary, it might be some other issue. Use Firefox or Opera meanwhile. Does net doesnt work in IE alone or overall in the PC itself ?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Then are you sure your modem connects to the net and that you have configured your Dataone ?

Try shutting down ZA for a moment and see if any change occurs.

OP
H

harpoon

Journeyman
No, it is still not working.I have uninstalled & reinstalled the PPPOE software but to no use.The connection is working fine but nothing is working.Please help!

OP
H

harpoon

Journeyman
But what about the other applications, like updating of antivirus.That too is not working.Is it a virus which affects the b.band connenction? What do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom