I am getting session expired error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

prashanthmpai

Broken In
I am getting session expired error as soon as i type my username and password. It was giving a message like
The session has expired in less than 10 seconds. The reason may be for low disk space in the syaytem.Please go to one of the fail safe session and try to fix the problem

There was a file named
./xsession-errors file
. When i checked .xsession-errors file i found that there is low disk space in

Then i checked it in falisafe by going into /tmp folder. But i didnt understand how to fix the problem in that folder because that folder contains mplayer-conf'x, one root folder and some other important folder.

I am using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4

OP
P

prashanthmpai

Broken In
Now its working. Because i deleted some files from the linux installed drive from "failsafe terminal" and rebooted.

The code to delete file or a directory is " rm -rf <directory or filename>".

OP
P

prashanthmpai

Broken In
Then with that error message, there may be a file called ".xsession-errors file". Check this file to get the drive where it is showing the low disk space and use the command "rm -rf" to delete those file which you dont need.

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
What were the files you deleted..I had that problem to I ended up reinstalling..,...

I even tried adding a new user but it never worked then.

OP
P

prashanthmpai

Broken In
All the files which were not in need, i deleted it leaving the conf's.
And i uninstalled some programs which i installed after downloading tarballs and rpm's.

Satissh S

Youngling
@Vignesh: If I remember right, when I changed the permissions of /home partitions like this,
Code:
Owner          Read(Y)           Write(Y)         Execute(Y)
Group          Read(Y)           Write(Y)         Execute(Y)
Others         Read(Y)           Write(Y)         Execute(Y)
I got that error. Then I changed the permissions such that the number gets to 664. Then I was able to login properly. Dunno Why!!. Heck Linux User permissions throws me down :(

One thing that puzzles me is why all these security features are enabled by Default!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom