[Complaint] I am abandoned by western digital the second time

ishanjain

Broken In
I once bought an WD internal hard disk some 3 years back only after hearing its onsite warranty. The hard disk had some problem after 6 months of use but that is not an issue to me it happens all the time. I generated the RMA and packed my hard disk properly and even got a phone call from i think the courier service scheduling my HDD pickup date. 2 months went by and nobody came despite numerous emails and phone calls i made upon which they just use to react like this cannot happen and will send someone immediately. Nobody ever came and finally i had to pay some hardware shop owner to get my HDD replaced and even he took more than a month. That time i decided never to buy Western digital and i never did.

2 months ago, one of my friends western digital external HD went kaput and he left it to me for replacement. Again i generated RMA and did everything properly and the pickup date was scheduled 19th april. Since that day, my HDD is sitting upon my table packed tightly and nobody at WD cares to pick it up. I have contacted them many a times and all they say is that they will send someone to pick it up soon but here i am waiting for almost 2 months and absolutely clueless what to do now.

I searched the internet and didnt find much complaints like this. I wanna ask here what are your experienced with WD RMA?? Can you please tell me if there is something i am missing ?? What should i do now to get my HDD replaced ??
No matter what anybody say to me now, but m never ever going to buy a western digital HDD and neither gonna let anybody around me to get one.

saswat23

Human Spambot
AFAIK WD has one of the best RMA services. And if WD doesn't respond to this then ask the dealer who sold it to get it RMA'd.

Top Bottom