hw to remove the copy protections ina CD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dittualex

Broken In
hello,
hw can we remove the copy protections in a CD?
if it cannot be done,hw can we copy CD to CD it it is copy protected?????
help me yaar

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
copy protection s/w uses some kinda hidden files to stop ppl frm copin

when we do it cd 2 cd the entire image is transfered so no probs there

not sure exactly wait for others ....

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Please post the reason as to why you want to remove copy-protection from a disc. If its for a legit purpose, you will get help here, not otherwise.

choudang

Padawan
ya, i need a help for it too. i think it will be legal for my case.
i have recorded the marrige cer of my brother and i gave it to editing [i have pinnacle, but don't have the card]. what they do, they locked the cd, and now i can't make the copy of that. i went to them to make some copies and they asking 50 bugs/cd. i have spend already 2500 bugs and i don't want to spend more. i need arround 20 copies for my relatives and bro's in-lawys.

i hope that this is a legal, cuz i give them the making charge and its not fare that they locked the cd to protect their so called effets and pictures.

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
@warrior

Since your case is legitimate you can use the software called clone Cd. It will copy the as a image to your harddisk with copy protection. Then you can burn 'n' number of copies from that image.

If you need help pls let me know i will post the screen shots of the software.

Regards....

calvin

Broken In
as you say its for a legitimate purpose.
try these steps:
SOLUTION 1: DO IT URSELF
1.)download isobuster from *www.isobuster.com/

2.)create a folder in your system to store the cd contents

3.)open copy protected cd with isobuster
First, start up IsoBuster and hold down your shift key while inserting your copy-protected CD.

I recommend that you hold down the shift key because it blocks the Windows ‘autorun’ feature, i.e., prevents the CD from launching programs automatically. The reason this is necessary is that some copy-protected CDs (for example Contraband by Velvet Revolver) automatically install suspicious Windows drivers, which people have reported cause problems when you later want to play normal CDs. If you don't want to hold down the shift key every time you insert a copy-protected CD, there is also a way to disable autorun altogether.

4.)extract the cd contents to your folder

5.)burn the folder contents onto blank cd

6.)ENJOY !!

do refer the source for details :
*www.dsg.cs.tcd.ie/~haahrm/copying-protected-cds/

SOLUTION 2: USING SOFTWARES
1.)use CDMATE 30day trial then buy software .
*www.cd-mate.com/downloads/CDM_Enu_Latest.exe

OR

2.)use freeware clonyXXL
*www.cdfreaks.com/software/download/75

SOLUTION 3: SEARCH IN PROPER WEBSITE FOR SOLUTION
*www.cdfreaks.com

HOPE IT WORKS.
haven't tested it myself. never felt the need.

ishaan

Padawan
u can also use dis software called Alcohol 120%

and most burning softwares like Roxio and Nero have this option...Make an Exact Copy...or something which means the same thing....it copies most of the time even if its protected

cryptid

Journeyman
if u wanna make a copy of a copyright CD then the first step u have to do is make a .iso image backup of that cd Using Nero or the dd command in Linux or u can find many other alternative softwares for doing this job then u need to burn the the .iso image to a cd, all the latest cd burning softwares such as Nero, GraveMan, Gnomebaker, k3b have an option of burning .iso images to cds... i tried making backup copies of my Windows XP cds by directly copying CD to CD but i discovered later that this method didnt work and the backup cds were no more bootable, so that when i made a .iso backup and then burnt and this worked and the backup cds were bootable so try it out this should be able to solve ur problem

d

Journeyman
is this possible in need for speed most wanted? I've bought the black edition and there's something wrong with my CD Drive...it keeps making noises...n for christ's sake i don't want to damage the disc?i'd be grateful if anybody has a solution with reference to this particular software.....??For your info, It isnt illegal....I have the receipt for the purchase.

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
Yes it is possible for NFS:MW.For game cd's Alcohol 120% or CloneCD would be the best.U could even run the image file directly from the HDD using Daemon Tools.

ishaan

Padawan
yeah and after using both of them, i prefer alcohol

i think somebody did a comparison on this forum between dese 2 softwares search for that...or look on google also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom