Hunt for mobile under 15k

Vickyrealcool

Broken In
Hi all,
this is my first post in mobile section.Please help me to choose a superb mobile under 15k.

1. budget(strict)
2.Display type & size
size biggest possible under budget
3.Form factor
touchscreen only
4.Preferred brand
nokia & samsung
5.Preferred input method
touchscreen
6.Camera option
flash(must) front camera(if)
7.OS
android
8.Connectivity
wi-fi, 3g,
9.Applications
GPS must
10.Primary use of handset
internet,mails,music(with a decent bass),camera
11.Any mobile considered
no, all upon you.
12.Battery should above than 1200mAH.

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^^
couple of my friend owns Wildfire S....Its a nice phone...
But haven't compared it with defy.
The guys who have compared it with defy say that defy is better.

OP
V

Vickyrealcool

Broken In
Thanks for reply,
whats your view on
galaxy ace S 5830 and galaxy SL 9003.
Please comment on these phones.

Motorola defy is really a good looking phone but is it as successfull as samsung smartphones.

OP
V

Vickyrealcool

Broken In
How is defy performance on 3d gaming and high quality video or divx playback.

Does defy bears any GPU?

how is ROM (seen in defy+) help to increase phone performance.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I think galaxy ace has very less internal memory, only 158 MB.

thats not the problem. you can always transfer apps from internal memory to SD card. but it has a slow processor & a even crappier GPU with lot less ram.

yes, Defy also have 800Mhz processor but its based on ARM v7 but Ace uses ARM v6 based processor (hence no support for flash in browser). GPU is Adreno200 which is old & slow. ram is less than 512Mb (around 400-450Mb) but sufficient.

Defy have PowerVR SGX530 which is lot better than the GPU found on Ace (& Optimus One, Fit, Mini/Pop, WildfireS, etc)

OP
V

Vickyrealcool

Broken In
I am inclined towards defy but Defy is available in 16k in bangalore and galaxy sl 9003 in 17k. It is out of budget or its wise to purchase defy in 16k with android 2.1
can any HTC models came under 15k close to defy featurewise.

OP
V

Vickyrealcool

Broken In
Last moment question,
i am going to buy defy today,preinstalled os is 2.1 @ 15k. (is my decision good because everyone in my friendcircle is saying motorola has very less service centres)

I am new to android. Is preinstalled os of phone is only one time upgradeable or many times.

Does any bangalore guy knows where it is available in cheap.

sach1000rt

Journeyman
Last moment question,
i am going to buy defy today,preinstalled os is 2.1 @ 15k. (is my decision good because everyone in my friendcircle is saying motorola has very less service centres)

I am new to android. Is preinstalled os of phone is only one time upgradeable or many times.

Does any bangalore guy knows where it is available in cheap.

im from bangalore, i bought defy not locally but online from letsbuy.
if you are comfortable with online(like waiting) then look here
Flipkart.com: Motorola Defy: Mobile
it is priced at 15.4k with 600rs cash back and comes with 2.2.
place the order with COD and wait for them to deliver may be it will come to you in 1 day as flipkart is based in bangalore.

and if somebody is giving you with 2.1 preinstalled dont go for it as its manufactured date will be too old. 2.2 ones will be recent manufactured.

Last edited:

TheLetterD

Will Power
In cities like bangalore if you look around a little , from local shops, you can get the Moto Defy for much less! I guess you can get it for 13K cuz defy plus, its successor has released and shop keepers would be trying to get rid of the soon to be, yet still great ,outdated predecessor the Defy! Besides if you know how to use android and u can take risks you can even overclock it and get the better battery of the Defy Plus. That way there wouldnt be any diff. between them at all.

Top Bottom