- Equalizer and receive diversity
- microSD card slot (up to 32G )
- Data and SMS service

*i47.tinypic.com/103vll1.jpg
*i50.tinypic.com/mawl7c.jpg
*i46.tinypic.com/2co0kzk.jpg
*i45.tinypic.com/5460z6.jpg
*i49.tinypic.com/egtwg3.jpg

Dashboard is quite cool and user friendly, we can also change the wallpaper of Dashboard, Also you can see that WIFI HOTSPOT option is also there, which works flawlessly.
*i45.tinypic.com/21ocw01.jpg

It also supports sending and receiving messages,
*i48.tinypic.com/1z20dxl.jpg

The best feature about this data card is Calling feature, we can also call and receive calls plus phonebook support,
*i50.tinypic.com/1zwtci.jpg
*i46.tinypic.com/2n7mgly.jpg

Though we can connect automatically, but still there are many options for choosing network, profile management, advanced settings for DNS and WNS etc.
*i48.tinypic.com/24144m9.jpg

Many data cards of huawei doesn't support USSD, but this one supports, one can easily check the Data balance or talk time left, no need to take out sim and put it in a phone to know the stats.
*i45.tinypic.com/1zhtnr.jpg

We can also check the network signal, many data cards support this feature and this data card is no exception.
*i49.tinypic.com/10rslet.jpg

COMPARING , this data card with my old Micromax 310G, below are the speedtest results with the same sim, same location..

*i46.tinypic.com/2mfaesg.jpg

Micromax 310G

Mumbai server
*www.speedtest.net/result/2375469356.png

Delhi server
*www.speedtest.net/result/2375471060.png

Huawei E3131B

Mumbai server
*www.speedtest.net/result/2375499496.png

Delhi server
*www.speedtest.net/result/2375500533.png

As you can see, the latency has improved a lot in Huawei E3131B data card, it has a very strong signal reception quality, but i don't know whats wrong with mumbai server because it always shows low Dowload speed whereas, Delhi server reached 6 Mbps Download Speed,

Please note, i have done the above speed test 6-7 times so that i get the accurate data.

here is the download speed in IDM,

*i45.tinypic.com/25q3w9c.jpg

This is my first review on TDF, if i made any mistake then please tell me :p i will update it later.

UPDATE

Tested with Airtel 3G and got following speed, reached 7.2Mbps and most of the time speed was above 4Mbps..
*i46.tinypic.com/ws846.jpg

Finally i found Tata Docomo 3G's ping best and suits while playing CS 1.6 online :)

*www.speedtest.net/result/2378375627.png

Last edited:

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
thanks..

kindly tell me the software version HUAWEI E3131B data card . please !!:cry:

what is the cost of this modem and where to buy???

OP
RON28

RON28

Cyborg Agent
yes, i bought it because in my area there is not even a single cable broadband provider except Tikona.

sumit_anand

Ask the man who owns one!
The data card looks nice. May i know wha's the speed you are getting on this?
I am using Airtel 3G Data Card and it's working great for me. Though it's a bit costly as per now.

nick7

Right off the assembly line
i have done some speedtest also..you wanna know about airtel 3G?

Can you tell me how to setup the WEP settings for WIFI. It works in Open mode but when I am giving a password... it says Password is Incorrect.

Thanks
Nick

prath

Right off the assembly line
Amazing product @ reasonable price.........I had buy that....But I got some issues...Bcoz In night i get lots of speed..But in morning i was not opened 3 to 5 tabs....Why this happened??

OP
RON28

RON28

Cyborg Agent
^^^it depends on the GPRS pack or 3G packs you use, or else in morning there are more users so less speed, but in night even i get less ping and more speed.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Congo.....I too got it from a local store today for Rs.1900......Enjoying it!!

However,I'm facing a strange low signal issue with Huawei.I also have a Micromax 352G and with same BSNL 3G sim,it shows 5 towers whereas Huawei shows just 2 or sometimes 1.Can anybody advise something??

Last edited:

magnet

Youngling
Nice review.

One doubt

What difference it has with Huawei E355 (Wifi Dongle) Data Card since it looks a bit more expensive.Any extra feature or even much less heat issue?

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
I had returned my old 3131B card to the retailer and was at the sole mercy of micromax 352G...However,the flipkart offer lured me and I ended up getting one of the first Black Huawei 3131B.

20130619_224701.jpg20130619_224639.jpg

Top Bottom