html how to attach???

Status
Not open for further replies.

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
can anyone tell me how to attach html files with lot of pics in them to an e-mail

please tell me the easiest method

and in case gmail & yahoo specifically ?????

OP
V

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
i dont get that is it like archieve all the pics and attach it with the html file

or what
what is meant by same folder where

where same folder in the mail box ????

Netjunkie

In the zone
One easy option would be, If you are using IE then save the page as a "web archive", a *.mht file & now you can attach it to an Email.

OP
V

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
i know about saving them as .mht's

but the prob is whenever i try to attach a .mht file in yahoo
it gives an error and the file is not attached !!!

so what is thing all about ???

geekysage

Journeyman
alrite vijay_7287, as warrior mentioned, making a zip file is the better and easy way. I assume you have windows xp installed. Here's what you have to do:

Step 1: Right click on the folder/directory which has the pictures. If you haven't put the pictures in a separate folder and they are in "My Pictures" then just select the pictures you want to send and right click on the selection. I hope you know how to make multiple selections. (Try clicking with CTRL pressed to add to your selection and then right click over any selected file.)

Step 2: Move your mouse to the "Send To" option on the right click menu and select "Compressed (zipped) Folder". This will use windows inbuilt file archiving system and you should get a zipped file. In case you don't see it scroll down to the bottom of the window and it should be the last file.

Step 3: We're already done with zipping the file, yippee! Now all you have to do is attach it to an email and send it to whoever you want.

GeekySage

geekysage

Journeyman
Can't really understand why you want to put the pictures in .mht file? why not just zip the pictures and send it to whoever you want? That's how I and all the people i know do it.

.mht is not a web standard format anyway. AFAIK, it's an IE proprietary thing so people using Firefox or other browsers may not even be able to open it!

Please follow the steps i posted above and get your work done!

Peace.

OP
V

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
i believe i know what i need to do !!!

i need to mail to a friend who cannot download them so that he just see them in his inbox as soon as he opens his mail

and no-one here seems to understand
u get that!!!!

i am talking html attachments and u guys teach me how to attach files on the mail

excuse me i know all that
get that !!!!

if at all u know what i need only then think abt replying ok !!!!

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
Then why didn't you mention it on the first post ...
You dont tell us exactly what you want .. and then get annoyed for no reason !!
How do WE know that the other guy cant download it ... huh ?

anyways .. back to you problem
BOTH yahoo and google attach .mht file ...
they did for me ..
although it didnt show up as html files .. it showed up as a downloadable attachment

Only good way of doing this AFAIK is that ...
upload all the images to imageshack (or similar site)
and edit your html file to show those images ..
but if there are a lot of images .. it could be tiring for you to upload everything ..
but html files need images to be present elsewhere .. in some other location ..
I dont think they can be attached in any way to email (the way you want it to be)
You have to upload the images to some other location and make relevant changes in html file...

------
alibi

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
best way is, upload the images alone to a image host, .. Now copy the content HTML code & send the mail in HTML format..

Remmber to replace the image URL with the new URL (where u've uploaded img)..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom