Abhishek532

Broken In
Hii Guys

I'm currently learning HTML.I wanted to know if there was a way to shift a Hyperlink text a few spaces forward??
Example-

Email __________ Password___________

Login

Is there a way to shift the "Login" button a bit forward under the "Password" field??

Thanks in advance

Abhishek532

RBX

In the zone
For pure HTML, put a series of   before button control.

Code:
123 <input type="text" /><br/>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <input type="button" />

I hope you'll learn CSS as well. Therefore, try not to focus on styling right now; it is a better practice to keep it in a file different from HTML.

For pure HTML, put a series of &nbsp; before button control.

Code:
123 <input type="text" /><br/>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <input type="button" />

I hope you'll learn CSS as well. Therefore, try not to focus on styling right now; it is a better practice to keep it in a file different from HTML.

Using inline CSS for just a few elements is okay. Also, it's more elegant than adding spaces.

RBX

In the zone
I agree that CSS for an HTML begineer will not be very easy to understand, but why introduce him to bad practices (using &nbsp)? it's just like telling someone to use clrscr() in C.

I meant to introduce him to HTML entities, forgot a link. HTML Entities

I never read a book on HTML and perhaps started using CSS quite early; learned about the HTML entities too late for someone claiming about having knowledge of HTML.
I find it is better to get a full understanding of features and their caveats before totally abandoning them. Even if we know that using clrscr() is a bad practice, using it and encountering errors is the best way to remember how bad it actually is.

OP
A

Abhishek532

Broken In
Thanks to everyone for replying

First of all guys I'm only 13

@RazorbladeXtreme Sorry but I couldn't understand your code. I think it's high level for me .Could you please suggest me some other easier commands?
@harshilsharma63 Can you give me an example and a syntax to help me understand this command?

Thanks in advance
Abhishek532

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
@Abhishek

Try this for left margin:
Code:
<a href="#" style="margin-left:20px;">Login</a>

You can learn Basics of HTML, CSS and more at W3Schools Online Web Tutorials

beingGamer

In the zone
just use table with 2 rows 4 coumns & put the login button in 4th cell in 2nd row

Top Bottom