HTC Wildfire or Motorola Backflip?

nezwulf

Right off the assembly line
I want a new Android, touchscreen phone, around 15k, and I narrowed it down to the HTC Wildfire and the Motorola Backflip. Both have almost the same specs, except for the QWERTY on the Backflip. I read reviews on cnet and some other sites, and the HTW Wildfire has got mostly positive reviews, while the Backflip has got mixed reviews, with people complaining 'bout processor speed, random reboots and dials, etc. Which model should I go for? The Backflip is better on paper, but the reviews are not that good. I don't really NEED the QWERTY, but it would be helpful. So which one should I pick?

guru_urug

iGoogle
Chuck both of them, not worth at all....
the backflip is buggy and the wildfire is a overpriced mobile..

just 2 phones I'd suggest....
LG optimus one- now available at the 10k mark also
samsung galaxy ace- 14.7 k

Optimus one is a gr8 vfm phone and has most of the features of ace...still if u can spend 15 k go for ace

ACE pros over Optimus one
-bigger screen,same res though
-16M colors
-5MP cam with flash
-same procy as Optimus one but clocked at 800Mhz, hence faster
-wifi b/g/n

Just note that ace has bad battery backup...though flashing a custom rom may help
also optimus one is getting android 2.3 officially in may.

pauldmps

Banned
None of them. Getting those outdated phones is not justified. As suggested above, get either the LG O1 or Galaxy Ace or wait for the HTC Wildfire S.

OP
N

nezwulf

Right off the assembly line
What about the HTC Desire? It's a bit above the price range I mentioned, but is it worth it?

EDIT: Also, the HTC Salsa seems to be good, and it's releasing soon.

pauldmps

Banned
What about the HTC Desire? It's a bit above the price range I mentioned, but is it worth it?

EDIT: Also, the HTC Salsa seems to be good, and it's releasing soon.

HTC Desire is again outdated (there are better phones in its price-range) & has dreadful battery life.

HTC Wildfire S & HTC Salsa has almost same specs. So basically it boils down whether you need a dedicated Facebook button or not when you buy any one of them.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Upto 20k:

Buy:
Samsung Galaxy SL (no flash in camera but 1Ghz processor & bigger battery).
Motorola Defy (Android 2.1 but with flash in cam)

Don't buy:
Motorola Backflip.

Upto 15k:

Buy:
LG Optimus One (screen is just 3.2" but excellent battery life)
Samsung Galaxy Arc (screen is 3.5" but bad battery life)

Don't buy:
HTC WildFire
Samsung Galaxy Fit
Samsung Galaxy 551
Motorola XT3/5

Top Bottom