HTC touch or a smartphone??

Status
Not open for further replies.

harpoon

Journeyman
First, thanks to all for replying to my previous post, w.r.t queries on Smart Phones. I have checked out the SE G 700 & it's really good. However, I am stuck between the choice of a HTC touch or a smartphone. What can HTC touch offer me that a smartphone can't?

I would be requiring the following specs:

1. E-Mail on the move.
2. GPS - Maps.
3. Document reader.
4. A music player.
5. Camera - optional.
6. Bluetooth.

With the above specs can you please help me with choices ? Is HTC Touch phones better than the smartphones? Actually, I am more inclined to buy a Touch if you guys can guide me.

My budget is around 12-14 K.

Hi!! Guys. Awaiting your valuable feedback on the queries since I plan to purchase the set within the next 3-4 days.

Pleaseeeee Guys!!!! I need ur hep on this query. Also let me know which mobile service provider will be able to provide gmail on the move.

Last edited:

x3060

A LOTR fan
check out the latest series in touch from htc website... if you can wait a month more prices are expexted to fall with the intro of touch hd....

htc is a good choice, do visit xda-developers for tweaking. you will need it.

OP
H

harpoon

Journeyman
O.K. I have decided on an HTC; which one will be a better choice, the Touch P3400i or the Touch P 3350??

What are the advantages of the 3350 over the 3400?

Can you please let me know the approx prices of both in Kolkata???

Thanks in advance.

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
If your budget really is 12-14k, get the HTC Touch (P3450/P3452). It runs faster, looks sexier & is waaayy better with TouchFlo2D and WinMobile 6, more "modable" and is right within your budget. The ones you've listed are completely outdated with a really buggy OS (WinMo 5).
The P3450 has 64MB RAM & 128MB ROM while the 52 has 128megs of RAM and 256MB ROM.

x3060

A LOTR fan
more ram and rom can make the cell fast....very true

but win mob 5 can be easily upgraded to win mob 6.1....so even going for p3400 is not a bad option either.

and you can easily mod touchflo2d to p3400 or p3400i

OP
H

harpoon

Journeyman
The Touch P 3450 looks cool!! What xtra benefits does the 3452 have over 3450??? Can u please inform the approx prices of both the models in Kolkata???

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
The Touch P 3450 looks cool!! What xtra benefits does the 3452 have over 3450??? Can u please inform the approx prices of both the models in Kolkata???
The 3452 (Elfin) has double the amount of RAM and ROM (128MB & 256MB, respectively) when compared with the 3450 (Elf) and the overall speed up in performance is quite noticeable. It is available in slightly different colors too. Everything else is pretty much the same.

I think the 3450 is priced at 12-13k'ish while its newer brother costs approximately 15k. I'm not too sure of the exact prices though.

Get either one over the uber bland 3400/3400i though. You won't be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom