HTC Touch HD - The Ultimate competitor to "U-Kno-What" and XPeria X1 !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Strangely, In India the popularity of Windows Mobile has rapidly increased after HTC products are making media noise while iPhone sales has been luckstur....Yeah, u r right, it never happens:D.

HTC Touch HD supercides iPhone in every respect. This will be more evident soon as my work officially now includes designing UI for Mac & iPhone platform.:grin:

Pat

Beyond Smart
HTC Touch HD supercides iPhone in every respect. This will be more evident soon as my work officially now includes designing UI for Mac & iPhone platform.:grin:

Aah..I see! Touch HD will definitely supercede iPhone if you are going to design UI for iPhone platform. No questions about that :p

The only reason why iPhone has not been really successful in the Indian market is its cost. Had the iPhone released for, say, about 10k lesser, it would have pwned every other smartphone in the Indian market.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Xperia FTW!!!!

It lacks an onboard keyboard and this is going be one of its main rejection points. Also Xperia is going all guns and will be released on the 30th.

SE vs HTC

Whats u gonna choose?? :lol:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
I guess you got i wrong. HTC did the hardware part and everything else was done by Sony..I am not sure, as no official statement was released.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Actually the XPERIAs that are to be released are being made available from SE factories. Now choose, what you mean by manufacturing.

I meant, HTC may have designed the hardware. The software, manufacturing and stuff have been done by SE themselves.

OP
rockthegod

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
As much I love iPhone's UI (at one point was even gunning to get one), its purposefully crippled hardware and many inherent limitations aren't gonna satisfy power users like me... based on what I have seen from that Video Demo posted above, HTC Touch HD's Screen just p@wns the iPhone's screen.. also all the other features are brilliant and p@wns iPhone big time (only nagging issue is no flash for that 5 MP cam)....

The important thing to note that its based on Qualcomm's MSM7xxx processor platform, so Android is gonna work fine on it (dual-boot WinMo and Android).... and since its Windows Mobile 6.1 OS, the entire OS ROM can be completely tweaked, and the eye candy (refer HTC's Manilla2D and Manilla3D UI) can be customized as per user needs...and it’s simply beautiful and highly usable….thanks to the software developers over at XDA-devs… Also, if anyone wants the iPhone UI with all its features, the Windows mobile ROM OS again can be tweaked and additional apps can be installed, which will completely transform the UI like that of the iPhone (with nearly no drawbacks in speed and functionality)…. :)

To be precise, unless any future touchscreen phone comes up with nVidia’s tegra platform, I have decided to ditch SE Xperia X1 and go for the HTC Touch HD as my next phone in sometime early 2009. :) HTC and Windows Mobile FTW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

A Screenshot of Manilla2D from HTC Kaiser ROM WinMo 6.1 by Hyperdragon... this was completely made by a dev... and its simply beautiful and extremely usable... :)

Note that the following ROM OS core was ported from Samsung Omnia and SE Xperia's BETA ROM to HTC kaiser.... here lies the power of Windows Mobile phones... :)

*img170.imageshack.us/img170/6708/hdiiipro1ot9.th.jpg*img170.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif *img170.imageshack.us/img170/2757/hdiiipro2ez5.th.jpg*img170.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

Last edited:

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
[Offtopic]

^^ Should I assume that any Windows Mobile device will offer cutomisability at the scale of this HTC Touch HD?

I have never put my feet into WM arena. If I invest in a basic HTC WM phone like the:
- Touch
- Touch Viva (Just announced)
- S710
- iMate JAQ
Will I be able to change the UI? Will I be able to use Android? Will I be able to use TouchFLO 3D like UI on older WM 5.1 devices?

Could you give more detailed info about such modding/flashing in a separate thread?

[/Offtopic]

x3060

A LOTR fan
why not visit

*forum.xda-developers.com/

go to the section of mobile you want to buy and find out the ui tweaks and all for yourself .
honestly since the day i got htc i have never regretted.
am all for wm now....
any wm5 can be upgraded to 6.1, no probs..
visit that forum and decide.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
^^ I never knew we could upgrade from 5 to 6.1 :shock: Thanks. :)

So, to be on the safer side, its better to buy HTC right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom