HTC One S or Motorola Droid RAZR M

perplexed

Journeyman
There is no phone in the indian market with S4 krait processor and htc india no where advertised or said that the phone will come with snapdragon S8260A with Adreno 225. People who are looking or reading specs and news from europe and america can be fooled but in real life everyone is aware of that fact it is not S4 krait with Adreno 225. And for the budget of below 25k (as anant arora said it is available for 22.6k) it is not a bad deal for sure.

Advantages of HTC One S:
* Classy looking slim metallic body the shell is created using a much-lauded microarc oxidation (MAO) process and, according to HTC it is four times harder than anodized aluminum.
* Super AMOLED qHD screen using PenTile RGBG matrix
* Though the camera is 8MP but it is really very sharp and has best aperture in mobile phone cameras, just 2.0/f aperture unlike 2.4/f of other high end phones.
* Beats audio engine which boosts the audio quality and volume of the songs and video.
* One of the best UI in android phones. Not very heavy like old HTC sense 3.0 and xperia's timescape and not simple like touchwiz and original android UI.

Disadvantage:
* Same Old S3 scorpion processor but clocked at 1.7Ghz
* Average battery life
* No microSD card and only 16GB memory inbuilt.
* Battery not user replaceable.

how can u even consider introducing that s3 processor model at 33k, the same price as the model with s4 processors ?? anyways, i don't want to argue about it.. just want members here to make an informed decision...

rider

as Kratos
how can u even consider introducing that s3 processor model at 33k, the same price as the model with s4 processors ?? anyways, i don't want to argue about it.. just want members here to make an informed decision...

I know dude! i am well informed about this phone when S4 benchmarks out of HTC One S (US). But the initial price was quite overpriced thats why I have not suggested for 30k to anyone. But if we forget the past and we talk about present it is not of 33k it is of around 23k and worth for the price.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
@perplexed, i guess introduction was the past bro..what matters now is at what price they are selling this s3 soc architecture now...i guess it is still worth to buy one s clocked at 1.7 ghz at 25k or below considering 1.2ghz processor devices like gs2, nexus, atrix 2 are selling out at 22k...i guess worth the deal UNLESS N UNTIL HE DOESN'T WISH TO OVERCLOCK IT FURTHER..n it's not like andreno 225 is way ahead of 220..it's just a matter of number..as a matter of example, u will get krait benchmarked at 2515 whereas non krait version will read 2510..what's the difference?? u not gonna see that difference of 5 on either while playing any game..what we should look for is other features like rider mentioned...htc is still offering great service and features...

no argument buddy..just said what i think..i may be wrong..it's a good debate though..being more knowledgeable here hehe.. ;)

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
^^introduction was the past..what matters now is at what price they are selling this s3 soc architecture now...i guess it is still worth to buy one s clocked at 1.7 ghz at 25k or below considering 1.2ghz processor devices like gs2, nexus, atrix 2 are selling out at 22k...i guess worth the deal..it's not like andreno 225 is way ahead of 220..it's just a matter of number..as a matter of example, u will get krait benchmarked at 2515 whereas non krait version will read 2510..what's the difference?? u not gonna see difference of 5 either while playing any game..what we should look for is other features like rider mentioned...htc is still offering great service and features...

@perplexed...no argument buddy..just said what i think..i may be wrong..it's a good debate though..being more knowledgeable here hehe.. ;)

Yea! you right bro! We live in India not US or some european country. There is no S4 krait based phone in Indian market so why to talk about that and blame HTC for this? AFAIK processors having some shortage that's why HTC was not able to launch it with it. All american versions of Samsung Galaxy S III and HTC One X comes with S4 krait processor/Adreno 225 GPU.

perplexed

Journeyman
Relax buddies, at the price point of 23k , HTC One S is a stealer.. I myself suggested this model to someone in some other thread. :)

Soumik

Padawan
Relax guys, Most ppl dont buy phones to overclock them. :)
1.7GHz S3 is good enough for day to day use and is more than capable of handling any game out in the market rite now. S4 chipset is same archietectue on a 28nm SoC, so not something revolutionary. Adreno 225 isnt a lot faster than Adreno 220, not ur not loosing much there either. S4 is faster no doubt, but in day to day scenario, it doesnt matter.
S4 pro.. then yeah.. it matters, but not the S4 inside One S or Razr M. If OP has option of getting from US, y not get the S4 version. If not, its not of a diffeence getting the S3 one in India. If OP is stayin in US, i'd say RazrM. Its a got a lot better battery life and MicroSD slot. For India, its OneS for sure.

Top Bottom