HTC One S or Motorola Droid RAZR M

Techguy

In the zone
I plan on buying an android phone from the US.

HTC One S or Motorola Droid RAZR M?

Both have the 1.5Ghz dula core Krait CPU;
The HTC does not support micro SD or NFC(not much of a problem)

Which phone is better?

praveen55

Broken In
if i were in ur position i definitely prefer droid razr(or maxx)..it had an amazing review when it was released..and i saw its no.1 in top android phones listed in many sites(or under top 10)...as in india, motorolla has no boom..so iam going for some other phone..

perplexed

Journeyman
HTC one S in INdia doesn't have Krait processors.. also their GPU is an undercloked one. In their website they are displaying false info. Don't even touch HTC one S with a barge pole !!

OP
T

Techguy

In the zone
Thanks for replying!

@perplexed: I will be buying the One S with the Krait directly from the US. But will an unlocked phone work on 3G in India? (it should )
Will HTC india be able to service it if anything happens? Will the warranty be valid?

Motorola DROID RAZR M vs. HTC One S - GSMArena.com

aroraanant

Explorer
Would recommend you to buy One S, but you won't able to avail the warranty here in India.You need to pay HTC if you get problem in it.

WolVish

Broken In
Got word from the local Moto service centre that they'll be shutting down the service centre in one year.. So I guess HTC it is..

rider

as Kratos
HTC dropped the prices of HTC One S now it is of 25k in market would be much less in ebay by using some coupon code.

perplexed

Journeyman
HTC One S from anywhere outside INDIA is a total winner. Don't get the local ones. They are dupe models with old processors which has been over clocked to give it a cosmetic equality with the models being shipped in US/UK.

rider

as Kratos
HTC One S from anywhere outside INDIA is a total winner. Don't get the local ones. They are dupe models with old processors which has been over clocked to give it a cosmetic equality with the models being shipped in US/UK.

yea! some old processor like last year's notorious HTC Sensation, hyped Xperia S and Ion all have same processor.

perplexed

Journeyman
yea! some old processor like last year's notorious HTC Sensation, hyped Xperia S and Ion all have same processor.

What is astonishing is HTC's site claims that they are using S4 processors in Indian models too which is a total LIE and they are not using the same GPU also. Adreno 225 is supposed to be there in HTC one S rather than Adreno 220 which is being shipped out now.

BOTTOM LINE IS they lied on your face !!!

rider

as Kratos
What is astonishing is HTC's site claims that they are using S4 processors in Indian models too which is a total LIE and they are not using the same GPU also. Adreno 225 is supposed to be there in HTC one S rather than Adreno 220 which is being shipped out now.

BOTTOM LINE IS they lied on your face !!!
No HTC doesn't claim that they are putting S4 krait processor in india. I think you checked their international website. But in indian website its clearly mention that it has 1.7 Ghz dual core processor. This scorpion S3 based model is coming in all south asia even in taiwan where the brand is of. They are not lying you have some misunderstanding bro.

Check the specs of inidan model *www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_s_c2-4836.php

CPU Dual-core 1.7 GHz Scorpion
GPU Adreno 220

OP
T

Techguy

In the zone
@techguy...why not looking at xpeira s??

htc one s is thinner, lighter, smaller: already has ICs and will get JB, it has the 28nm Soc..

xperia s has a better screen, camera and internal storage, but older 45n Soc

Sony Xperia S vs HTC One S

i like the htc one s better

Thanks everyone for replying!!!!

perplexed

Journeyman
No HTC doesn't claim that they are putting S4 krait processor in india. I think you checked their international website. But in indian website its clearly mention that it has 1.7 Ghz dual core processor. This scorpion S3 based model is coming in all south asia even in taiwan where the brand is of. They are not lying you have some misunderstanding bro.

Check the specs of inidan model HTC One S C2 - Full phone specifications

CPU Dual-core 1.7 GHz Scorpion
GPU Adreno 220

Firstly, thanks for that gsm arena link !!

Look I have nothing against HTC as such. Many of my friends use other 10k range HTC mobiles and they swear by it. But if you consider the price point where it was introduced in INDIA ( 33.5k ), it is as if HTC wanted to ride all the hooplah generated around HTC one S. But they never made it clear that they are introducing HTC One S-C2 model ( S3 proccy /220 Adreno ) in INDIA.

The s4 processor is snapdragon S8260A while the s3 processor is S8260. Also, the indian model has Adreno220 rather than Adreno 225. Any lame person is going to gloss over this info.

Now that they have reduced the price to 26K I think, HTC One S -C2 model is actually worth considering since Xperia S also uses the same adreno220/S8260/1GB specs.

Hope people makes informed decision.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
the thing we should look for is if someone wishes to overclock one s c2 model then definitely he should not buy it as it is already overclocked processory..heating issues will occur..else htc one s indian model is indeed great phone to buy...

perplexed

Journeyman
the thing we should look for is if someone wishes to overclock one s c2 model then definitely he should not buy it as it is already overclocked processory..heating issues will occur..else htc one s indian model is indeed great phone to buy...

An overclocked processor's life is also gonna be much less ..

The only thing which I like of HTC One S is it's ultra-slim body which is even thinner than S2

rider

as Kratos
Firstly, thanks for that gsm arena link !!

Look I have nothing against HTC as such. Many of my friends use other 10k range HTC mobiles and they swear by it. But if you consider the price point where it was introduced in INDIA ( 33.5k ), it is as if HTC wanted to ride all the hooplah generated around HTC one S. But they never made it clear that they are introducing HTC One S-C2 model ( S3 proccy /220 Adreno ) in INDIA.

The s4 processor is snapdragon S8260A while the s3 processor is S8260. Also, the indian model has Adreno220 rather than Adreno 225. Any lame person is going to gloss over this info.

Now that they have reduced the price to 26K I think, HTC One S -C2 model is actually worth considering since Xperia S also uses the same adreno220/S8260/1GB specs.

Hope people makes informed decision.

There is no phone in the indian market with S4 krait processor and htc india no where advertised or said that the phone will come with snapdragon S8260A with Adreno 225. People who are looking or reading specs and news from europe and america can be fooled but in real life everyone is aware of that fact it is not S4 krait with Adreno 225. And for the budget of below 25k (as anant arora said it is available for 22.6k) it is not a bad deal for sure.

Advantages of HTC One S:
* Classy looking slim metallic body the shell is created using a much-lauded microarc oxidation (MAO) process and, according to HTC it is four times harder than anodized aluminum.
* Super AMOLED qHD screen using PenTile RGBG matrix
* Though the camera is 8MP but it is really very sharp and has best aperture in mobile phone cameras, just 2.0/f aperture unlike 2.4/f of other high end phones.
* Beats audio engine which boosts the audio quality and volume of the songs and video.
* One of the best UI in android phones. Not very heavy like old HTC sense 3.0 and xperia's timescape and not simple like touchwiz and original android UI.

Disadvantage:
* Same Old S3 scorpion processor but clocked at 1.7Ghz
* Average battery life
* No microSD card and only 16GB memory inbuilt.
* Battery not user replaceable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom