HTC Incredible S OR Desire S

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
Simple question guys

looking between an HTC incredible S and the Desire S (or if you have any better options to suggest in a 22-24k price bracket)

-although incred as an 4 inch screen its res. is same as the 3.7" desire
-battery is also the same but i guess desire s should give more baxkup
-camera mp dosent matter much to me

a buyer at flipkart said
"Only drawback is that, it is shipped with S-On (signed bootloader) so no Rooting and CyanogenMod or similar."
is this true that desire s cant be rooted??

how is HTC's after sales service in india as they dont have any autho. outlets.
which company handles the ASS?

confused between the 2, which one to pick???

aroraanant

Explorer
obviously Incredible S as there is not much price difference and Incredible S is far better than Desire S

OP
vishalg

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
so you yourself own an incredible s

whats the battery backup you get with normal usage??
can you list its pros and cons??

aroraanant

Explorer
battery back up is good.
I didnt find any better phone that this till date except Sensation and SGSII.It is far better than its competitor SE Arc
Considering its price i.e. 23k.It seems to me the best phone.I m fully satisfied with it.
I didnt find any cons as such.But the only thing that bothers me its back cover is lil difficult to detach and the back cover works as the Antenna so if we remove it the signal goes and its memory card is below the battery,But I don't think these things matter a lot.
Pros:
Its dual led is very effective and works very god as a torch.
Screen is awesome in terms of both resolution and touch
Camera is also very good.

If u want to ask anything then u r free to ask

OP
vishalg

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
thanks man :)

does it last a full day charge with moderate to high usage??
coz it has same battery as desire s but a bigger screen

also where did you buy it from and have you received an gingerbread update??
and is it rootable

aroraanant

Explorer
If u don't need flash then,Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001
is a good choice at 22k price range.

If one is spending such a huge amount then one must expects that the phone must contain flash,I don't think we should suggest a phone of 22k that doesn't contains a flash but the best part of SGS+ is it has a 1.4 Ghz processor

thanks man :)

does it last a full day charge with moderate to high usage??
coz it has same battery as desire s but a bigger screen

also where did you buy it from and have you received an gingerbread update??
and is it rootable

Yes it easily lasts for a day with moderate to high usage.
I bought it from Letsbuy and yes I have received the gingerbread update a long time back(somewhere around in may end or june)
I haven't try to root it as I don't think there is any need of need and also it voids the warranty.

OP
vishalg

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
@vgowtham97
i am not a fan of Samsung handsets, but thanks anyways ;)

@aroraanant
thanks

damn i am still not decided
desire s appeals to me coz of its size and design but incred. id better speced
too much choice is a bad bad thing :(

was thinking of getting it from flipkart as they are offering a good price

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^^
GO for Incredible S as u will get:
Better camera(both front facing and rear and also u will get dual led flash which is one of the best part of Incredible S)
Bigger screen(that matters)
Rotating buttons(an eye catching feature which u will find no where)
and that too for just 1k extra.

I would suggest to buy it from letsbuy,use the coupon and get a 5% discount and also they are offering some kind of diwali gift(though it will be something small but its free so who cares we want it ;) )

Dhaval Thumar

Right off the assembly line
HTC incredible S or HTC Desire V

I am Confused with HTC incredible S and HTC desire V. Please Help me to choose which one to buy? and also give review of these both phones.

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^
Get Incredible S over it anyday if dual sim is not a requirement for you.I m using it from more than a year an I am fully satisfied with it.
BTW for how much are you getting it?

sudeepht

Broken In
I think an important consideration should be whether the phone would get the upgrade to Jelly Bean. Its better to choose HTC One V or one of the newer Xperia phones which have a better chance of getting the upgrade. Neither the Incredible or Desire is likely to get the update IMO.

Dhaval Thumar

I am going to get Incredible S nearly about 20,000 INR. May I get it below 20,000 INR. How much cost it takes now a days according to you?

Nighthawk12

In the zone
Better get Samsung galaxy S advance at that price.Incredible S is outdated and if you want htc phone than get Sensation.

Dhaval Thumar

Thanks for ur kind Help.
I want to know what is difference between Touch sensitive controls and Touch sensitive rotating controls?
and also Sensation comes with corning gorilla glass, is there touch sensitivity affected by that gorilla glass?
while incredible S is without gorilla glass and also has touch sensitive rotating controls and Higher version of HTC Sense 3.6 then according to u which one is the best in terms of touch sensitivity?

aroraanant

Explorer
I want to know what is difference between Touch sensitive controls and Touch sensitive rotating controls?
When you rotate the phone, the buttons also rotate, its the only phone which has that feature.
and also Sensation comes with corning gorilla glass, is there touch sensitivity affected by that gorilla glass?
No
while incredible S is without gorilla glass and also has touch sensitive rotating controls and Higher version of HTC Sense 3.6 then according to u which one is the best in terms of touch sensitivity?
Don't worry about the that, both have the same touch quality.

Dhaval Thumar

Thanks for ur lots of help. I am fully satisfied with ur answers and also suggetions. one last question in my mind is that comparison between HTC and Samsung which one is good between 20 to 22k price. As i have read review of many models of HTC phones I knew that some has problem with upgrading its OS, some has wi-fi connection problem so according to u what about HTC phone? compared to Samsung, HTC phone comes with better look so what would I go for?

Top Bottom