HTC EVO 3D from eBay trustworthy?

Soumik

Padawan
I found the following link in eBay. This is a power seller with good positive feedback and selling HTC EVO 3D for 19.8K INR.BRAND NEW HTC EVO 3D CDMA, REGISTERED TO RELIANCE, 8GB, GPS, 4.3", 6OZ, 1.2GHZ | eBay

If so, its very high VFM in my opinion. My question is, Is there any catch to this? Or the the price dropped this much? Cause elsewhere its still pretty high.
PS: Opening a new thread as didnt know where to post this doubt. :)

Edit: The seller actually has a lot of unlocked stuff and is selling at a cheap price. But it doesnt say so for the EVO 3D. In fact it says that its registered for Reliance...

aroraanant

Explorer
I hope you know that its a CDMA phone.
So if you want a high end CDMA phone then it is the best option I guess.

bibinjohn

Journeyman
ask your questions to the seller itself, Also read user feed backs by the buyers... page says seller sold 7 pieces,,,

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
YEah its CDMA.. and registered to Reliance. So only reliance customers can use it directly. But that doesnt make the device cheap rite? The seller feedback is good.. and he is a Power Seller anyways. So, the product is mostly genuine. But i doubt Reliance would be selling it any less than 30K. So, how come he is able to sell so cheap? :)

diagus

Journeyman
i think cdma phones cost less than gsm
seen a ebayus seller with same phone but cdma cheap than gsm version

aroraanant

Explorer
i think cdma phones cost less than gsm
seen a ebayus seller with same phone but cdma cheap than gsm version
If we buy locally CDMA phones then you will got to know that CDMA phones are costlier and also we don't get much option in CDMA category in India.
But he case is opposite in US

YEah its CDMA.. and registered to Reliance. So only reliance customers can use it directly. But that doesnt make the device cheap rite? The seller feedback is good.. and he is a Power Seller anyways. So, the product is mostly genuine. But i doubt Reliance would be selling it any less than 30K. So, how come he is able to sell so cheap? :)

The phone which the seller are imported phones are generally locked to Verizon network,the seller unlocks it and registers it to a particular network that is common,here it its reliance,though you can ask to seller to register it any other network like MTS,Tata indicom etc but you may need to pay few extra bucks.
The reliance doesn't sells imported phones so their prices are quite more or can say almost double.
The reason they are cheap is that the seller buys locked phones registered to Verizon or any other network which are much cheaper and that too in bulk which costs him very less.

Top Bottom