HP Windows Media Centre License/Boot Media problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sysengnet

Right off the assembly line
Hi Everybody,

I am happy to have joined the think Digit forum though i am reader of digit since it's first issue. I recently bought a HP Media Centre PC with XP Media Centre 2005 as the OS. the Computer works fine but the software given with the machine is basically a set of 2 recovery DVD's. this means if i pop the DVD in i get the system back as per factory settings. which means my hdd has only 2 partitions a 7 GB recovery partition and the rest is my C drive. I would like to know if there is some way i can ask Mircosoft for OS CD/DVD's without having to pay a lot for the same, especially as i already have a OEM Licence. if that cannot be done :-( . can someone advise me on what other options do i have. I would prefer to retain the same OS, but want to create more partitions and install Linux on this machine.

Thanks in advance.

digiFriend

In the zone
use other software like partition magic to make more partition. after making partition and installing linux, make ghost image of your partition by norton ghost or any image maker software. after you make image,do don't have to depand on factory setting backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom