HP to exit PC hardware business

monkey

Padawan
HP is planning to exit PC business and concentrate on software...Comes as a surprise.

Check here: BBC News - Hewlett Packard to exit computing and buy Autonomy

azzu

AJJU
First of all they abandon webOS and now all of a sudden they exit from PC hardware to Refocus on software ???
what is happing inside HP ??

sygeek

Technomancer
Nothing's much clear at the moment. They've killed hardware support, and say they'll continue developing webOS, but again at the same time they'll quit using it as a platform.

iinfi

mekalodu
smart move...following ibm's footsteps...
will dell follow suit? may be few years down the line once their services div gets good revenue!

socrates

In the zone
See Should HP sell its PC group - Online Best Latest Price Reviews | Features in India

Another opinion :D
*www.computerworld.com/s/article/92...pic/89+(Computerworld+Operating+Systems+News)

Last edited:

smartyrohan12

tech savy.. :D
what do u think will happen to the current products that they have....i mean will they support the already sold products??

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
what do u think will happen to the current products that they have....i mean will they support the already sold products??
They aren't discontinuing their hardware business. They are spinning off (Wiki - Corporate Spinout) or selling it.
They new company should value all warranties.
. .

iinfi

mekalodu
hp will still sell server and storage and services ...
existing products will be supported till their agreed service period. Else they will drown in lawsuits ...

rosemolr

Journeyman
This is just a movement from HP like IMB ditched their hardware products and gave more focus to the software field...A HP spokesperson said that in future Software business is having more potential and cash cows than in hardware.But IMHO i think they shouldn't do this to a well reputed brand.

Well...i heard that they are selling out touchpad for damn cheap price in US..is there any way to get one?? i tried with amazon and a couple of vendors..but it is not available

socrates

In the zone
Now the denial
Update: Samsung denies having interest in HP's PC business
*tech2.in.com/news/notebooks/update-samsung-denies-having-interest-in-hps-pc-business/237382 :D

Top Bottom