[Complaint] HP Poor Support For Hard Disk

ankitjain1116

Broken In
Hi all

I purchased a HP Pavilion G6-2010ax in December 2012 from flipkart.From that day i am not able to use my laptop without any tension.

It has 1 TB Hard disk

I was having problems with my hard disk.I started making noise after 1 month.I called flipkart.They said sorry sir you are late(30 day replacement gurantee).It was my first experience for laptop with flipkart.It was over.
Also my laptop dvd's drive button is not ok.It have to press it very inside then the tray pop out.Like there is not click button.
Anyhow

I called to HP and they said they will be sending a retard (yes there engineers are retard) soon for your hard disk problem.He came after 2 days.He checked and said No problem sir no problem its fine and went away.But i was sure there is problem.I again ordered for a engineer to visit.He came and said there is hard disk problem.He ordered it and said me wait for 1 week till your product comes.He brought a hard disk after week.He tried fitting it but wtf the size didnt matched.I told him ******* this hard disk is of 9.5mm not standard size HE said oho i didnt see that.He again ordered and said wait.

My pressure was increasing in my head.He called me after 1 week and said i am coming but he son of a ***** didnt came.I again lodged a complaint and they said we will send again.

Finally it took 1mnth or this bullshit process.He brought Toshiba MQ01ABD100 1TB.He installed and i asked him to leave immeditealy.

Now 1 week back when i started my laptop and it was very slow.I was not able to copy file to my external hard disk,pen drives....the copying starts but the speeds drop to just 8-10MBPS and sometimes freeze,pauses.....

Today i installed their crap HP Support Assistant and check the status the test failed.The SMART status show error.
Also i double verified with hd tune and crystal disk info same problem

The SMART error is Current Pending Sector Count and it shows caution.

I know this is definately a refursbished from toshiba.

The reason for creating this thread is what can i do so that they do not send me again the refurshibed one.I am fed up moving my data.Infact how will i move my data.Its not moving i already told it freezes :( and pauses.Please help me to copy my data and get a new hard drive in rma.

Are there any senior authorities where i can complain regarding this of HP.Moreover i am thinking of buying a new WD Scorpio Blue 500 GB .Atleast it will be new and 2 year warranty with it.......HP is itself clever infact every laptop company is celver.They get themselves 3 years warranty on components like hdd from companies and they give us end user customer one year warrannty and when problem occurs they send refursbished ones.and keep on hdd rotaing from one customer to another.I am afraid that i will get a refursbished of seagate.Its better to have nothing than seagate.Seagate is pioneer/the legend/the king of refurbishing.

Please reply are there any senior officials.I am also adding the crystal disk info screenshots and hp support assistant too as attchment

Attachments

• info_22.png
    info_22.png
    94.5 KB · Views: 92
  • info_3.png
    info_3.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 83
  • ankit_toshiba_smart_failed.png
    ankit_toshiba_smart_failed.png
    41 KB · Views: 85

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Toshiba HDD are known to be terribly slow.

do not send me again the refurshibed one.I am fed up moving my data.Infact how will i move my data.Its not moving i already told it freezes :( and pauses.Please help me to copy my data and get a new hard drive in rma.

this time better take it to service center instead of asking some random guy to come and replace your HDD. taking backup of data won't be easy. to me it looks like the Toshiba HDD has bad sector. if you have any friend relative with 2.5" Seagate external HDD, you can directly attach the cable to your HDD and try copying a few files at a time. windows error check may also help making the drive usable for sometime while you copy the content.

iChaitanya

Journeyman
Even my HP came with a Toshiba HDD. HP installed a SATA2 drive in a SATA3 chipset mobo to fool the customer and make a quick buck in the process. Slowest fkin HDD in the world. Throw it away and order a decent SATA3 HDD or SSD from Flipkart.

OP
A

ankitjain1116

Broken In
@sam thanks for reply.yes toshiba hdd has a bad sector.My smart status also shows the power on count which is around 400+ (this is arefurbished drive as i have already said).Thanks for the data recovery procedure.I am trying my best to save my data.

OP
A

ankitjain1116

Broken In
@iChaitanya yeah bro the original one which came with laptop was Hitachi...Actually my main trouble is it has passed only 5-6months and these kind of things are happening with me.HP has gone insane..Only making money.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Make sure you let him know every incident and HP's resolution.
I am sure he'll help you because I was about to sue HP once when he came to my rescue and sorted out things to my maxm satisfaction.

Top Bottom