HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

sankar

Broken In
Re: HP Pavilion G6 20xx/22xx/23xxAX - powered by Trinity

@sam can u help me little bit.
today i noticed 3 white pixels on my screen. two of them are bright and one of them is dim.
i looked up the hp dead pixel policy
**h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c00288895
according to the hp
A full pixel defect is a bright white dot or very noticeable black dot on the display. No full pixel defects are allowed per HP's monitor specification.
i dont understand is this when i put a black background where the white dots i dont see the white dots but they are visible in other situation like watching movies and under a white background.is this a stuck pixel or a full pixel defect? is this qualifies for a replacement ?

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

you can try to manually removing the stuck pixel. i don't know the exact procedure but swiping the display with a moist cloth or so. if it doesn't help call HP. Dead pixel is covered by all manufacturers AFAIK.

hexacore

Broken In

not possible. laptop will shut down before it reach 105. using which monitoring software you checked temperature?

140 degree? /suicide
Dude change the app...its messing around with you..

I'm using Speccy, Cpu hardware monitor, Open hardware monitor.. All three showed the same readings. It gets off at 140°C.. Either it is really getting hot or my sensor is busted.

hexacore

Broken In

I don't know which app to believe.. But here is the screenshot can someone help me out.. And can someone install speccy on their laptop and tell me the temperature readings. Thank you

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367212284914.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367212284914.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 98

Nicks_252

Right off the assembly line

Hi guys...

I wanna buy a new laptop, budget is 40K. I ll be using it for Photoshop, After Effects, HD movies and gaming (should be able to run Crysis 3 and BF3 at decent settings). Based on this thread and the reviews on flipkart, the 2314AX seems good enough. Which one would u recommend ?

mohsin20

Broken In

I don't know which app to believe.. But here is the screenshot can someone help me out.. And can someone install speccy on their laptop and tell me the temperature readings. Thank you

speccy, cpu wizard and hwmonitors are giving incorrect reading at the moment expecially with windows8. the core temp is correct and as per you screenshot you laptops temperature is 49C (CPU#0). you shouldn't be looking at tj max cause that is the max temp for shutdown.

hexacore

Broken In

speccy, cpu wizard and hwmonitors are giving incorrect reading at the moment expecially with windows8. the core temp is correct and as per you screenshot you laptops temperature is 49C (CPU#0). you shouldn't be looking at tj max cause that is the max temp for shutdown.

:thumbup:
Thanks man.. Makes sense.. Finally a sigh of relief!
Second thing I wanted to ask is when I try to update the graphic card driver to 13.5beta 2 screen should blink and switch on again after installation is complete.. But in my case the screen first blinks and just goes off.. Have to force restart the machine then it works normally..
Is it cause there are Samsung optimized drivers and not direct ones from AMD..
Can you send me a screenshot of ur HP driver details..

Last edited:
OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

exactly. with Windows 7, i was getting 60degree max but with Windows 8 it jumps to 80 (sometimes 90).

Second thing I wanted to ask is when I try to update the graphic card driver to 13.5beta 2 screen should blink and switch on again after installation is complete.. But in my case the screen first blinks and just goes off.. Have to force restart the machine then it works normally..
Is it cause there are Samsung optimized drivers and not direct ones from AMD..
Can you send me a screenshot of ur HP driver details..

because you are using 13.5 Beta when you should be using 13.4 WHQL build.

hexacore

Broken In

exactly. with Windows 7, i was getting 60degree max but with Windows 8 it jumps to 80 (sometimes 90).

because you are using 13.5 Beta when you should be using 13.4 WHQL build.

What is the WHQL build?
When I try to install 13.4 catalyst driver detection tool it says ur hardware is not compatible.. Visit Samsung for optimized drivers..

Sounava

In the zone

Just logged in after a long time to say that I have also purchased the 2313AX around 3 weeks back :)

hexacore

Broken In

Successfully updated my driver to 13,4 :)

Wanted help in buying a Cooling Fan..
Was Considering these options:

Cooler Master Notepal XL Kite
Cooler Master Notepal X Lite Cooling Pad - Buy Cooling Pads Online @ Best Prices on Snapdeal.com

DeepCool N400
*www.snapdeal.com/product/deepcool-n400-cooling-pad/653812?pos=56;112

This Stand with a Cooling Fan seems real nice but how efficient will the cooling be?
*www.ebay.in/itm/200915021243?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_4578wt_906

Or any other in this range?

Hey Sam,
Got another problem.. Im unable to view the dual graphics option in the AMD Vision Engine Control..

I'm on Windows 8 64bit. Are switchable graphics disabled or something on Windows 8? Using the 13.4 driver

Samsung Np355V5C-S05IN

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

mohsin20

Broken In

Cooler Master Notepal X Lite Cooling Pad - Buy Cooling Pads Online @ Best Prices on Snapdeal.com

DeepCool N400
Deepcool N400 Cooling Pad - Buy Cooling Pads Online @ Best Prices on Snapdeal.com

This Stand with a Cooling Fan seems real nice but how efficient will the cooling be?
*www.ebay.in/itm/200915021243?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_4578wt_906

for all guys using hp (G6 series)/samsung amd laptops () the best cooling pad to keep your laptop cool to some degree is the deepcool multicore x6. my advise use the pad upside down thereby using the big fans at the lower end.

hexacore

Broken In

DeepCool N400
Deepcool N400 Cooling Pad - Buy Cooling Pads Online @ Best Prices on Snapdeal.com

for all guys using hp (G6 series)/samsung amd laptops () the best cooling pad to keep your laptop cool to some degree is the deepcool multicore x6. my advise use the pad upside down thereby using the big fans at the lower end.

thanks for the info.. you have any info on why the dual graphics option is not coming in my AMD Control Center?

mohsin20

Broken In

thanks for the info.. you have any info on why the dual graphics option is not coming in my AMD Control Center?

you are looking for dual graphics in the wrong header. look for it under power and/or performance

hexacore

Broken In

you are looking for dual graphics in the wrong header. look for it under power and/or performance

Yup I checked all the options.. Can't find a way to disable the Dual graphics and force use only the 7670M

DeepCool N400

Hey Sam,
Got another problem.. Im unable to view the dual graphics option in the AMD Vision Engine Control..

I'm on Windows 8 64bit. Are switchable graphics disabled or something on Windows 8? Using the 13.4 driver

Samsung Np355V5C-S05IN

View attachment 10244
Try downloading the amd driver from samsung website. You'll get the dual graphics option. Happened with me too.

DeepCool N400
*www.snapdeal.com/product/deepcool-n400-cooling-pad/653812?pos=56;112

Hey Sam,

Samsung Np355V5C-S05IN

View attachment 10244
Try downloading the amd driver from samsung website. You'll get the dual graphics option. Happened with me too.

hexacore

Broken In

Ok Ill Try it.. But its the one that says VGA(Graphics),AMD for Windows 7 32bit& 64bit?

NP355V5C - DOWNLOADS | Support Samsung India

Did you clean install the driver or just installed over the existing ones?

Top Bottom