HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

Sounava

In the zone
Re: HP Pavilion G6 20xx/22xx/23xxAX - powered by Trinity

Great!!! Hows the performance??
Great performance :)
Playing games after a long time

In Far Cry 3 I can play only in Low Settings. Is this all right??
In Medium I am getting around 20fps, Low is giving me 30 fps

Last edited:

hexacore

Broken In

Can the dual graphic card option not be visible in the AMD control center because of faulty hardware?
And in the process of changing drivers I got the BSOD Paged error in nonpaged area.

Though when I play Skyrim and other games the AMD System Monitor shows both the GPUs working...

sandeep23

Broken In

My g6 2005-ax is now in deep coma (No Display) :(
Thanks to HP Support assistant and Its recommended bios update. Tried all sort of tricks to revive it but no luck!!
Fortunately I have 3 years of warranty and HP support team has now recommended to replace the system board to resolve the issue.

Can the dual graphic card option not be visible in the AMD control center because of faulty hardware?
And in the process of changing drivers I got the BSOD Paged error in nonpaged area.

Though when I play Skyrim and other games the AMD System Monitor shows both the GPUs working...

Win 8??

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

My g6 2005-ax is now in deep coma (No Display) :(
Thanks to HP Support assistant and Its recommended bios update. Tried all sort of tricks to revive it but no luck!!

thats bad. did the display turn on after bios update or was the effect immediate?

donutshop

Broken In

Hello guys, I need an opinion on 2302ax, preferably someone who has used it. I think its a decent lappy for 29k. The only thing that leaves me worried is A4 proccy. Before I get into further details, let me tell you what I want out of my laptop.
1. MS Excel
2. Movies, no HD n all that. Should be watchable w/o lag.
3. Games - limited to League Of Legends, WoW, D3 and Starcraft 2.
I currently have a C2D (1.8, I think its E4320), 2GB 533 RAM desktop, with a 6670 and except for starcraft 2, I play the rest of the games at 1080, maxed out, but with AA and similar settings at off. So I think, on 2302ax, at 778 res, things should be fine. I will be pursuing my masters for 2 years, so my game time would be limited anyway. I just want to know if A4 will really bottleneck my lappy, or it would handle the stuff just about right. I have a PS3 for other games, so as I said before, I'll be playing only these games. Looking forward to interesting insights. Cheers.

sankar

Broken In

^ i think 2302 is great as per your requirement.A4 cpu might be slow did you look at the laptops with intel processors ?
i am using hp laptop for around two months, only problem that i find is that the lcd is a total mirror. i can shave myself using my laptop no need of extra mirror.

donutshop

Broken In

^ i think 2302 is great as per your requirement.A4 cpu might be slow did you look at the laptops with intel processors ?
i am using hp laptop for around two months, only problem that i find is that the lcd is a total mirror. i can shave myself using my laptop no need of extra mirror.
LOL. That's weird haha. Anyway I checked every laptop in the range of 30-40k and no laptop gives a SIGNIFICANT performance increase over 2302, with respect to my needs. I am not too sure about A4 and hence I need an opinion on it. Maybe someone here owns an A4 lappy or atleast have used it?

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

LOL. That's weird haha. Anyway I checked every laptop in the range of 30-40k and no laptop gives a SIGNIFICANT performance increase over 2302, with respect to my needs. I am not too sure about A4 and hence I need an opinion on it. Maybe someone here owns an A4 lappy or atleast have used it?

I have HP Probook 4445S with A6. A4 is basically low clocked A6 (similar to A8 being lower clocked A10). your first 2 requirements can be fulfilled even by some insanely slow and cheap laptop. as for games, most of the games you listed are CPU heavy if i remember the reviews correctly. because of the midrange graphics card, games will be playable at default resolution but i have a feeling the processor will hold back in some games not allowing you to max out.

pushpak888

Right off the assembly line

If you dont mind trying outside ADM processors there is

Samsung NP300E5V-S02IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3 (3120M)/ 4GB/ 750GB/ DOS/ 1GB AMD Radeon™ HD 8750M Graphics). Cost Rs.33,000.

Its has more advance processor and better graphic card compared to the rest and comes cheap as well, the only disadvantage is no 3.0 USB but it is not a big worry to me as i don't use any 3.0 Devices yet.

I just bought it on ebay @ Rs. 32,300 using ebay discount. its a option worth noting for your needs and in your budget.

Vinoth Billa

Broken In

i am not able to play 'GTA IV' on my 'HP G6 2301ax', i always getting "fatal error RESC10" after 5 to 10 minute.
i saw many people say on this forum that they have played "GTA IV" on "HP G6 2301ax" on medium setting also i watched video on youtube about that.

whats wrong with my laptop. Can't i play GTA IV on my laptop.
PLZ help

Hye bro it's not lap problem jus update the game :) i played gta4 nd completed in my LappY :) Jus updated the game with patch 1.0.7.0 :) den i have got no errors nd game worked without any lags :) jus try out bro B|

Hye guYs Now i am getting oly 1hr battery backup :/ Can i take lap to HP service center? will they replace the battery?

rohanseth8

Broken In

^ You don't need to ask such a question bro. If you suffer from ANY problem during the warranty, contact HP service center guys and let them deal with it. ;)

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Hye guYs Now i am getting oly 1hr battery backup :/ Can i take lap to HP service center? will they replace the battery?

do a clean installation of Windows once without any HP garbage. check if there is any improvement and also remember to calibrate your battery if its not calibrated for more than a month.

donutshop

Broken In

I have HP Probook 4445S with A6. A4 is basically low clocked A6 (similar to A8 being lower clocked A10). your first 2 requirements can be fulfilled even by some insanely slow and cheap laptop. as for games, most of the games you listed are CPU heavy if i remember the reviews correctly. because of the midrange graphics card, games will be playable at default resolution but i have a feeling the processor will hold back in some games not allowing you to max out.
They aren't. I have a 1.8 GHz C2D, with 533 RAM and it handles them perfectly. Surely A4 with 1600 RAM do ATLEAST similar, that too at lower res. Anyway, how is your exp with A6? I reckon A4 will be only a lil slower than A6, but nothing noticable.

If you dont mind trying outside ADM processors there is

Samsung NP300E5V-S02IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3 (3120M)/ 4GB/ 750GB/ DOS/ 1GB AMD Radeon™ HD 8750M Graphics). Cost Rs.33,000.

Its has more advance processor and better graphic card compared to the rest and comes cheap as well, the only disadvantage is no 3.0 USB but it is not a big worry to me as i don't use any 3.0 Devices yet.

I just bought it on ebay @ Rs. 32,300 using ebay discount. its a option worth noting for your needs and in your budget.

Hmm, interesting. This would have been a blind pick if not for Samsung. Are Samsung any good when it comes to laptops?

pushpak888

Right off the assembly line

Hmm, interesting. This would have been a blind pick if not for Samsung. Are Samsung any good when it comes to laptops?

I bought it and its is yet to be delivered, will post a review when i do all the tests..

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

They aren't. I have a 1.8 GHz C2D, with 533 RAM and it handles them perfectly. Surely A4 with 1600 RAM do ATLEAST similar, that too at lower res. Anyway, how is your exp with A6? I reckon A4 will be only a lil slower than A6, but nothing noticable.

if with C2D you can play the games at 1080p resolution, A4 should allow to play at default resolution + high details level.

my laptop doesn't have any discrete GPU yet most games are playable at mid. but i don't play any of the strategy games you mentioned. playing games like Max Payne 3 or Borderlands 2 at mid.

Yup windows 8 64bit.. Every time I restart I get the bsod saying paged error in non paged area

Have you downloaded the drivers from manafacturer's website?? Drivers downloaded from amd don't work in win 8 most of the times.

sandeep23

Broken In

thats bad. did the display turn on after bios update or was the effect immediate?
There was no display immediately after the bios update. Now my my system board has been replaced by HP and It is working fine now.
A word of caution for everyone: Please do NOT install bios update blindly. Visit your HP laptop support page and verify the update details.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

There was no display immediately after the bios update. Now my my system board has been replaced by HP and It is working fine now.

nice to know it is fixed.

A word of caution for everyone: Please do NOT install bios update blindly. Visit your HP laptop support page and verify the update details.

what you did exactly? flash the bios for wrong model?

Top Bottom