HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

rohanseth8

Broken In
Re: HP Pavilion G6 20xx/22xx/23xxAX - powered by Trinity

I have a 2005ax which has a8 processor and I have played a lot of games in it like the whole AC series, COD mw 1, 2, 3, bo, bf3, just cause 2, dirt 3, dead island, and several other games. Dont worry mate, your laptop will be able to play most of the games. :)

anshul.katta

Broken In

I have a 2005ax which has a8 processor and I have played a lot of games in it like the whole AC series, COD mw 1, 2, 3, bo, bf3, just cause 2, dirt 3, dead island, and several other games. Dont worry mate, your laptop will be able to play most of the games. :)

Thanks , :)

badly overpriced. go for 2314AX.

i am hp employee ;) , i m getting it very cheap , as i m selling my old lappy also :p

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

i am hp employee ;) , i m getting it very cheap , as i m selling my old lappy also :p

then you'll get 2314AX even more cheap. At 40k, i'll suggest going to 3rd gen i5 + 7670M. A10 is fast & dualGPU is future proof but i5 looks better at this price.

rohanseth8

Broken In

then you'll get 2314AX even more cheap. At 40k, i'll suggest going to 3rd gen i5 + 7670M. A10 is fast & dualGPU is future proof but i5 looks better at this price.

+1 But my friend has that laptop. Him and I compared fps while playing a few games and my laptop was performing a little better than his. (fifa 13, battlefield 3, and 2 more games)
Im no techno guy but maybe amd cpu+gpu is a better combo. :p
Just saying though..

mohsin20

Broken In

FLIPKART had reduced price for 2312ax to 38350 at the beginning of april just for 2-3 days. and i bought it then. true that i5 is faster compared to a10 but you wudn't get i5 with graphic card and 1tb for that price.

Untitled.jpg

Guys:- i have a display related question for 2312ax using amd catalyst 13.1

When i plug the laptop to my lcd tv via hdmi. the display properties give me 4 options.

1) Duplicate Display.
2) extend Display.
3) use display on device 1 (laptop screen)
4) use display on device 1 (laptop screen)

Now when i try use duplicate display. it only streams at 768p. how do i duplicate the display at my lcd's native resolution of 1080p.

I am probably the luckiest guy in this regard. got hp g6-2312ax for 38350 from flipkart. (that offer was only for 2-3 days). now my extended warranty carepaq has already come. i applied on 10/04/2013 for the extended warranty and i have already got it on 19/04/2013. normally the processing time is 30 days but some members in this forum have got their warranty pack after 45 days.

FLIPKART had reduced price for 2312ax to 38350 at the beginning of april just for 2-3 days. and i bought it then. true that i5 is faster compared to a10 but you wudn't get i5 with graphic card and 1tb for that price.

View attachment 10068

When i plug the laptop to my lcd tv via hdmi. the display properties give me 4 options.

1) Duplicate Display.
2) extend Display.

Now when i try use duplicate display. it only streams at 768p. how do i duplicate the display at my lcd's native resolution of 1080p.

It's probably because your laptop display resolution is 768p and you're duplicating it.

sankar

Broken In

View attachment 10068

1) Duplicate Display.
2) extend Display.

I am probably the luckiest guy in this regard. got hp g6-2312ax for 38350 from flipkart. (that offer was only for 2-3 days). now my extended warranty carepaq has already come. i applied on 10/04/2013 for the extended warranty and i have already got it on 19/04/2013. normally the processing time is 30 days but some members in this forum have got their warranty pack after 45 days.
As Harsh Pranami said laptop does not support 1080p display then u cannot extend the display and hope to get full hd. you are totally lucky dude i am still waiting for my carepack link got approved on 1st april. do u own 2314 and 2312AX both of them ?

mohsin20

Broken In

As Harsh Pranami said laptop does not support 1080p display then u cannot extend the display and hope to get full hd. you are totally lucky dude i am still waiting for my carepack link got approved on 1st april. do u own 2314 and 2312AX both of them ?

so when i paly full hd moovies on my lcd will it stream at 768p or 1080p?

i have 3 amd laptops purchased in the last 8 months.

2312ax for myself. (upgraded ram to 8 gb)
2314ax for my brother
2005ax purchased last year august for my youngest brother.

sankar

Broken In

^^
yea full hd means 1920 x 1080. this is not supported so u cant extend full hd it will show 768p for more info

What is 4K Exactly? - Bright Side Of News*

what is your main usage ? playing games or office work ?

mohsin20

Broken In

^^
yea full hd means 1920 x 1080. this is not supported so u cant extend full hd it will show 768p for more info

What is 4K Exactly? - Bright Side Of News*

what is your main usage ? playing games or office work ?

my main use is to watch full hd and bluray movies on my lcd tv connected to my laptop via hdmi.
the screen resolution shows 768p on my lcd. but will that impact the pixelation of the movies or will i be able to watch movies at 1080p

nikufellow

In the zone

my main use is to watch full hd and bluray movies on my lcd tv connected to my laptop via hdmi.
the screen resolution shows 768p on my lcd. but will that impact the pixelation of the movies or will i be able to watch movies at 1080p

Try to find out ,no offense, it might get scaled

mohsin20

Broken In

Well you said that the videos are streaming at only 768p on your lcd. How did you know that?

no dude what i meant earlier was that the lcd is only displaying 768p resolution via hdmi as i have duplicated the laptop screen.
i dont know how to check what pixelation is the video being streamed at.

Let me try putting it in a different way. lets say i downloaded a 1080p video on my laptop. if i am watching the video on my laptop screen. will the video play at 1080p or my laptop screen size of 768p?

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Let me try putting it in a different way. lets say i downloaded a 1080p video on my laptop. if i am watching the video on my laptop screen. will the video play at 1080p or my laptop screen size of 768p?

it'll scale to maximum screen resolution i.e. 768p. if you duplicate it, tv/monitor too should display at 768p only. you can try using only 1 display (tv, laptop screen should turn off). that way you should get full hd video on tv.

anshul.katta

Broken In

+1 But my friend has that laptop. Him and I compared fps while playing a few games and my laptop was performing a little better than his. (fifa 13, battlefield 3, and 2 more games)
Im no techno guy but maybe amd cpu+gpu is a better combo. :p
Just saying though..

I am AMD fan though , INTEL is like IBM oldies , AMD is gaming dedicated , just i feel like , they have culture about gaming :p

powerstarprince

In the zone

HP employee thing is like bullshit. In general, he would give not more than Rs.500-800/- discount from the final price. It's only applicable on certain laptops and not for the best selling ones. Suppose they offer around 5k discount for the model they show.. it's actually a new coming model or should most probably be the new price tag for a laptop with the same specs of what u have chosen, after them convincing you with the large provided discount. And that is actually being discontinued since it's sales were pretty low .

They showed my friend a model with free-dos which is priced at 34k. Then they said if hp employee discount is applied it would be 29k for it.. and then gave him the laptop with same specs but with win 8. Actually that model is a revised new model from the old one that costed 34k, but has a refreshed price tag and nothing more... When that model was added to their website, anyone can buy it for 29k without actually performing the employee discount and even though they want to opt for it, won't be given.

pushpak888

Right off the assembly line

After much research i have finalised 3 laptops :

HP Pavilion G6-2314AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 6GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 1.5GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com Cost Rs.33074.

Samsung NP300E5V-S02IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3 (3120M)/ 4GB/ 750GB/ DOS/ 1GB AMD Radeon™ HD 8750M Graphics). Cost Rs.34197.

In I5 series:
Samsung NP350V5X-S01IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5 (3230M)/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS/ 2GB AMD Radeon™ HD 7670M Graphics Graph). cost Rs.39934.

Here i5 is costing me extra 6000 rs, with lesser graphics and less hard disk space is it worth it?

A comparision of the three is given in link : HP Pavilion G6-2314AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 6GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 1.5GB Graph) vs Samsung NP300E5V-S02IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 750GB/ DOS/ 1GB Graph) vs Samsung NP350V5X-S01IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph): Compare Computers: Flip

I am a moderate gamer and will use the laptop for multipurpose such as browsing, presentations etc. , hence i am more inclined towards 2nd option at present, What do you guys suggest? If you have any better suggestion than the three listed above within the budget of 42k, Please do suggest.
Thanks in advance for your efforts..

Top Bottom