HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

HVP

Right off the assembly line
Re: HP G6 2005AX/2010AX/2201AX - powered by Trinity

Hello everyone. Im new to the forum :)
Got this laptop in august. Im extremely happy with the laptop :-D . Can u guys plz suggest me a good cooler for the laptop? I was thinking of picking up Cooler Master Notepal X3 Cooling Pad.

smile.akarsh

Re: My review of HP G6-2005AX laptop having AMD A8-4500M Trinity processor..

Hi GG,

Purchasing extended warranty normally from HP which costs ~ Rs. 3000 for a year and purchasing under this offer are two different things. As me and you are aiming to get it under the offer for Rs. 1133:

If invoice is in your brother's name, register with his name and address only and send his docs, ID proof etc.

Your invoice date is 11th June, you MUST complete the registration by today.

You registered with your name and supplied wrong serial, thats a blessing in disguise actually.

The serial no is the 10 character alphanumeric one on black sticker as you already found out. Ref:
Interpreting an HP serial number – Viktor Balogh's HP-UX blog

Re-register today with your brother's details and this correct serial number.

I will be PMing you regarding something. Please do check it out.

-Regards,
Akash

Hi aakash bro.. I'm interested in buying this laptop as it best suits my requirements, but I have some doubts to be cleared.. I have heard about some rumors that the "Chicklet keyboard" is problematic.. I wanted to know whether this keyboard also has such problems and I also wanted to know whether it has the numeric keypad or not.. And if possible, please post some original snaps of this product..
Thanx bro..:)

Regards,
Akarsh

duke123

In the zone

i am facing display problems with screen going completely white at some times and a thick white line at other times..

anuj kumar

Broken In

thank god finally got the 3 years warranty...!!!

thank god finally got the 3 years warranty...!!!

Sparrow

2010-ax bluetooth problems

HI, can anybody who owns a 2010ax can tell whether their bluetooth is fuctioning well? I am just not able to make it work. While installing the broadcom drivers for it, it stops abruptly saying no bluetooth devices found! has anybody faced similar problems? I even tried reseating the bluetooth module but it didn't help.

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?

i am facing display problems with screen going completely white at some times and a thick white line at other times..
i had a fujitsu lappie and the first pblm it showed was a similar thick line which sometimes vanishes . but it was caused due to gpu fault

i too got the link today via mail :) @anuj

damagedsoul

Hey sam hi, i stay in mumbai n the hp g6 2010ax is not available here , all dealers saying there is no such laptop dispatched n distrubute in mumbai ??

what to do now ?? i want 2010ax , n dey say if i buy that from some where else or buy it from net then i wnt get service centre support why so ??

mohsin20

Broken In

Hey sam hi, i stay in mumbai n the hp g6 2010ax is not available here , all dealers saying there is no such laptop dispatched n distrubute in mumbai ??

what to do now ?? i want 2010ax , n dey say if i buy that from some where else or buy it from net then i wnt get service centre support why so ??

have u been to lamington road. they are selling it there.

anuj kumar

Broken In

hi
finally i receive care pack for 3 years but the date of purchase is wrong in that according to my invoice so is this a problem ?

rohit.todkar

hello i am Rohit and i bought 2005ax yest in Pune For 32K+ sm free gifts
!!
i need to know how to make Hdd partition
and how to make windows 8 recovery partition after installing windows 8
thx!!

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

2010AX is a flipkart exclusive laptop and may take some time before it appears in local stores. currently 2005AX & 2201AX are the 2 laptops you can find in local stores.

i need to know how to make Hdd partition
and how to make windows 8 recovery partition after installing windows 8
thx!!

use Partition Master. You'll have to change one of the partition to dynamic to create another partition.
And instead of creating recovery partition, create a recovery image with Macrium Reflect and restore it when your OS gets corrupt.

How to get Extended warranty? Anyone pls telme soon

currently this is not possible. offer should reappear soon.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

use Partition Master. You'll have to change one of the partition to dynamic to create another partition.

Disks are basic/dynamic, not partition. Partitions are primary, logical or extended. :)

He will have to convert one partition into extended so that he can create up to 64 logical partitions.

duke123

In the zone

hi guys i am in deep trouble...
i am facing display issues with laptop(2 thick white lines and sometimes screen going complete white)..i registered a complaint with HP and today service center guys visited..They opened the laptop and found out that some ants have made home inside my laptop..They are now saying its because of the ants chewed up some circuits and this is due to my mistake...So HP is not liable to repair and repairing the display will cost me a fortune...what should i do..pls help...

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

hi guys i am in deep trouble...
i am facing display issues with laptop(2 thick white lines and sometimes screen going complete white)..i registered a complaint with HP and today service center guys visited..They opened the laptop and found out that some ants have made home inside my laptop..They are now saying its because of the ants chewed up some circuits and this is due to my mistake...So HP is not liable to repair and repairing the display will cost me a fortune...what should i do..pls help...

doesn't accidental damage cover all these. If you can visit a local computer shop and ask them the cause of this problem, just to be sure.

Disks are basic/dynamic, not partition. Partitions are primary, logical or extended. :)

He will have to convert one partition into extended so that he can create up to 64 logical partitions.

PS: I see many people asking how to partition, time for a tutorial I guess.

thanks for correcting :p

Piyush

Lanaya

I used Gparted for my 2005AX

There were 2 primary partitions already, actually 3 because HP made a separate BOOT partition.

So, what I did was extracted like 400Gbs from C:\ and created one "extended partition", which further helped me creating sub partitions.
Now I have 4 partitions for windows (C:\ , Boot, Recovery and D:\ ) and another 4 partitions for Fedora (/root, swap, /home, /boot )

bhupati

Broken In

Ah finally received the 3 year carepaq certificate after 2.5 months! In this period, I have become very fond of this laptop. It's super-glossiness still bugs me, but for all purposes its perfect for me. At 30% brightness and CPU downclocked to 1.9GHz, I can easily squeeze out two 720p mkv movies (of roughly 4hrs, great for travels).

Hey guys I had a simple query, please help me with it. How well will Photoshop and Lightroom fare on 2010AX?

Take it from a heavy 'shopper, this machine is sufficiently fine for even 3D stuffs in PS Extended. What does slows it down is After Effects but that maybe because AE is more optimized for nvidia graphics. Other daily use apps won't be a problem either. Gaming performance is the best for the price.

Some tips:
Don't update graphics until a stable "Enduro" release comes out by year end.
Must update BIOS and Wi-Fi drivers coz I had been facing random BSODs and the update fixed it.
Tried Windows 8, seems wasted on a non-touch device and gives lesser battery life. Save your 700 bucks and get a Windows 8 theme instead :)
Cooling pads are placebo IMHO, just mess around with clocks and configs for better thermals.

duke123

In the zone

^^enduro support is for 7700M,7800M,7900M series not for 7600M series..

bhupati

Broken In

On the drivers page it says:

AMD Mobility Radeon HD 7000M Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 6000M Series

7670m falls under both those categories as it's a renamed 6560m :D

Top Bottom