HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

siddharchris

Broken In
Re: HP G6 2005AX/2010AX/2201AX - powered by Trinity

Hi all Digitizers !

Got this laptop on 25th. Pretty much happy with this glossy machine. Thanks to all of you, esp Sam for his words which made me to look @ AMD trinity (U are so persuasive man !), aksbol, Gamesgoblin, akash for their reviews, Bhupathi for his recovery trick ;) & many others for their encouraging words ! Thanks so much :)

Now a need in word of advice on Partitioning the HDD !! Confused which drive to delete - SYSTEM or HP_RECOVERY or HP_TOOLS ?

raj1988at

Broken In

how can i update usbfilter.sys driver??.. its AMD USB FILTER and is causing me BSOD..

manmeet

Right off the assembly line

Have recently purchased G6 2005-AX. It came with Windows 7 basic, which I have upgraded it to Windows 8 (Fresh Install + deleted all the original partitions !)
Now I face no problem except Fan speed. I have already disabled the "always on'" feature in BIOS, but problem remains. I have also downloaded & installed Coolsense driver 2.10.42 from here but again no success.

At last my problem is solved ! Had a talk with with HP customer care and they just provided two drivers
1. AMD High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver
2. HP Notebook System BIOS Update (AMD Processors)

Now fan speed is normal and I think I can relax now !

Sparrow

Hi I bought 2010ax a week back, since I havn't yet downloaded win7 64 bit, I have temporarily installed win7 32 bit! Also, I havn't yet installed any drivers from hp site since I will do it once I have installed win7 64bit. Now, With win7 32 bit, I have noticed that after full charge the battery shows only 2 hours of backup! the site claims the backup to be 6hours! Is something wrong? Is the problem because I have installed 32bit OS and not installed drivers yet? pls help

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

you need drivers. install the catalyst 32bit driver. guess the laptops is using both GPU

gauravkansal04

hey guez
i'm new member
just bought g6-2010ax
awesome graphics
i'm having problem..
i just completed most wanted 2012 with medium settings
but the problem is
when i set the graphics to max
i get 20fps avg nd 25fps after overclocking via msiaftrburner
then cpu temp goes to 90+ nd frequency goes to 1400mhz within 15min. wdout ocng gpu
thn i deleted lower pstates via amd pscheck
thn also fps drops to 5-15 nd cpu starts to bottleneck gpu(50-70%usage)
is thr ny way to lock up cpu at 1900-2300mhz all 4 cores..????
i can play most wanted on medium on battery nd 7640g aftr ocng it via aftrburner

tejjammy

Journeyman

Hey guys I had a simple query, please help me with it. How well will Photoshop and Lightroom fare on 2010AX? I was planning to get this but my only concern is PS & LightRoom performance.
Please help me out.
Thanx

Piyush

Lanaya

Bought G6 2005AX

Bought this laptop at 34500/- including the Dell mouse + CM L1 cooling pad + 1yr ext warranty

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Bought G6 2005AX

Bought this laptop at 34500/- including the Dell mouse + CM L1 cooling pad + 1yr ext warranty

congrats. and 1yr ext warranty for free?

Piyush remember we 3 (you, me & Jassy) were planning to buy PC together. I was the last to get PC and same happened here too. Laptop purchase postponed as i want 2010AX as well as warranty.

Piyush

Lanaya

congrats. and 1yr ext warranty for free?

Piyush remember we 3 (you, me & Jassy) were planning to buy PC together. I was the last to get PC and same happened here too. Laptop purchase postponed as i want 2010AX as well as warranty.

thanks bro
And yea I remember that :)
And yea got the warranty for free there was a source who helped me out .

BTW one suggestion, 2010AX is listed on HP website, but when I talked to them ( HP Delhi dealing manager) he told me straight forwardly that 2010AX is a exclusive product by Flipkart and HP have NO intentions of giving service in late future as they consider this product as "imported" in their list.

Quite shocking but yes thats the truth and because of the uncertainty of their decision, I made the choice of purchasing 2005AX instead of the latter one.

To those who bought 2010AX: Don't get me wrong and don't ever think that what will happen to your warranty and stuff. If you have the bill and is valid, you can claim the service whenever you want under the warranty period. I took that decision because I'm kinda reluctant when it comes to situation having such type of decisions and thats because I've suffered a lot during RMA period of my MSI mobo and CM PSU. I just didnt want to repeat that cycle again so I considered playing safe. Enjoy your extended RAm, HDD and HP's "crap softwares free" laptop. :)

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?

tejjammy ya it can handle photoshop pretty well, no issues.

mohsin20

Broken In

i think i will wait for 2010ax with 2 yrs extended warranty offer as the 1tb is tempting. i have already purchased the 2005ax for my brother. or i could also wait and go a10 which will be launched next year.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

And yea got the warranty for free there was a source who helped me out .

i don't have any. so it is going to be a single year for me.

BTW one suggestion, 2010AX is listed on HP website, but when I talked to them ( HP Delhi dealing manager) he told me straight forwardly that 2010AX is a exclusive product by Flipkart and HP have NO intentions of giving service in late future as they consider this product as "imported" in their list.

this is interesting. looks like i'll have to content with 500GB HDD.

Sparrow

hey guez
i'm new member
just bought g6-2010ax
awesome graphics
i'm having problem..
i just completed most wanted 2012 with medium settings
but the problem is
when i set the graphics to max
i get 20fps avg nd 25fps after overclocking via msiaftrburner
then cpu temp goes to 90+ nd frequency goes to 1400mhz within 15min. wdout ocng gpu
thn i deleted lower pstates via amd pscheck
thn also fps drops to 5-15 nd cpu starts to bottleneck gpu(50-70%usage)
is thr ny way to lock up cpu at 1900-2300mhz all 4 cores..????
i can play most wanted on medium on battery nd 7640g aftr ocng it via aftrburner

hi gaurav, I recently bought the same laptop (2010ax), I need a little help, can you open your battery and tell me whats the mAh rating and Vdc rating printed on it. Is it 4200mAh and 10.8Vdc??
Also is there a white label which says 'replace with hp spare' ??

Vinoth Billa

Broken In

hi frnds i have one doubt..

Is that swsetup folder contains driver setup files??

if i change the os can i use tis drivers??

Anyone pls telme

Vinoth Billa

Broken In

Hi frnds i hav one doubt??

Is that Swsetup folder contains driver setup files??

if i change the Os can i use tis drivers??

Piyush

Lanaya

Hi frnds i hav one doubt??

Is that Swsetup folder contains driver setup files??

if i change the Os can i use tis drivers??
yes it contains all of your preloaded drivers
you can use it in new OS only if that OS contains the same folder in your OS directory

To 2005 AX/2010 AX users:
Can anyone of you guide me to all the "TO DOs" in this laptop?
I mean all the s/w and settings .

Top Bottom